Hillsborough Leisure Centre

karl2784

Hi there

Do any of you guys know what Hillsborough Leisure Centre is like for 2 friends wanting to go swimming?!

When are the quietest times to go and how much is it?! I seem to remember that it was unlimited time in the pool - unlike Ponds Forge!

Thanks

:)

Originally posted by karl2784

Hi there

Do any of you guys know what Hillsborough Leisure Centre is like for 2 friends wanting to go swimming?!

When are the quietest times to go and how much is it?! I seem to remember that it was unlimited time in the pool - unlike Ponds Forge!

Thanks

:)

Its only unlimited if your a MEMBER, the best time to go for a swim is.....anytime b4 school is out... A swim at peak time is £4.25 ~ £3.90 off peak. lane swimming is £3.60 peak ~ £2.80 off peak.

Peak times are after 3.30pm. (mon to fri)

Adult prices shown:

So if I want unlimited I have to pay 19.99 a month?!!! Great! It used to be unlimited back in the day! :rolleyes:

If we paid to go Lane Swimming could we then go in The Beach pool for a bit after?! Or would we have to pay to go in there?! gosh!

Originally posted by karl2784

So if I want unlimited I have to pay 19.99 a month?!!! Great! It used to be unlimited back in the day! :rolleyes:

If we paid to go Lane Swimming could we then go in The Beach pool for a bit after?! Or would we have to pay to go in there?! gosh!

If you join the off-peak membership at £19.99, you're only contracted to 3 months. You can start to use the swimming pools straight away, you can do lane swimming - then nip into the leisure pool then go into the sauna, steamroom etc, then go up to the gym or do a class . . . it's really great, you can mix up your routine every day.

At the moment there isn't any joining up fee either - the best thing to do is go in and speak to the membership team at Hillsborough Leisure Centre. . . They are really friendly and will give you a tour and lots of info too.

Originally posted by cloza1991

Hey,

Does anybody know if you can have anytime use of the leisure pool for the £19.99/month subscription to off-peak fitness unlimited?

i know the hours are till 3:30, but does that go for the leisure pool too?

thanks 4 ur help

chloe

THE £19.99/month subscription to off-peak fitness unlimited, means everything til 3.30..... as long as you get in b4 3.30 your ok... after 3.30.... you pay! simple!! you could go say 3pm til 6pm as your there b4 3.30... get it?

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Is it possible to just turn up there to do an aerobics class or do you have to be a member to do that?

Most of the classes have to be booked rather than just turning up, but that's not related to membership- just to the fact that they're oversubscribed.

You can book up to 7 days in advance by phone on their general number 2312233. Aquarobics classes get booked up quite quickly- can't comment on other classes.

One thing that is worth commenting on is that membership gets you entry into the members' changing rooms, which are much nicer than the normal ones, with individual shower cubicles with temperature controls, free hairdryers etc.

It doesn't sound much, but it makes exercising much more of a pleasant experience.

Archived