Hillsborough Leisure Centre

karl2784

Originally posted by madowl

THE £19.99/month subscription to off-peak fitness unlimited, means everything til 3.30..... as long as you get in b4 3.30 your ok... after 3.30.... you pay! simple!! you could go say 3pm til 6pm as your there b4 3.30... get it?

If you're in before 3.30 - you can stay till 5.30pm.

Thats the ruling with off-peak membership

Still for £19.99 - you can't go far wrong, NO joining fee...and you get your induction & personal programmes done every month!!

Like I said before, the sales staff are great! just nip in anytime and they will tell you everything you need to know. The membership desk is just past the main reception, it's the roundish-type desk just before the pool entrance. :thumbsup:

Since we're on about HLC, I use it alot at the moment - does anyone else use it on a regular basis and if so what do you like and dislike about it?

I heard from a member of staff that the swim changing area is to be totally re-vamped come October! this needs to be done in my honest opinion, it does sometimes smell a tad down there.

Everything else is great, from the spa to the gym, can't knock it!:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by VinceNeil

Can anyone tell me what time it opens in a morning and what age do they consider it an adult membership?

Opens at 7am - 10.30pm Mon - Fri.

Opens at 8am - 8pm Sat & Sun.

The adult membership starts at age 16.:thumbsup:

I got fed up of HLC when we were members, I'm sure they've changed a lot now, but I'm much happier at Fitness First. At peak times HLC used to be heaving and I'd often not be able to get in for a class because it was full, so couldn't have a regular exercise routine. Much easier at FF, you turn up at the class, you do the class, no stupid advance booking system.

It has great facilities now, the gym is huge! large cardio area and large resistance area and also free weights . . they have two swimming pools! which FF do not have! and also the parking area has just been expanded so theres lots of space to park.:thumbsup:

It was huge when I was there, was still snided though. What really hacked me off was that they changed the booking for their fitness classes from 7 days in advance to the day before, after 9am. I was in the classroom by that time teaching, so couldn't ring, and by the time I got a break to phone the class would be full. I think they've changed back to the 7 days in advance booking.

As for swimming pools, the hillsborough ones are crap, so may as well be no swimming pools :D

Archived