Hillsborough Leisure Centre

karl2784

Conanette works for Fitness First me-thinks!;) . . . . Making it a tad obvious.

Hillsborough Leisure Centre has a huge gym - the busiest periods I've noticed are usually between 5.30pm - 7pm, but even then I've never known people to be waiting for machines.

The swimming pools are ace! I regularly go swimming in the lane pool - it's right next door to the health spa where I can always nip in to relax between swim, gym or classes.

HLC has much friendlier staff than I've known at other gyms I've used in the past, and to top it off - not only was it voted gym of the year by 'Star' readers but I was informed by one of the reception staff that it has just recieved the highest score ever given to a leisure centre by the 'FLAME' industry. Thats like the charter mark for quality - this means that Hillsborough Leisure Centre is one of the top 15 leisure centres in the country! :thumbsup:

I don't work for FF - I'd hate to. I just had a really bad experience with HLC at peak times (this was over 18 months ago so things may have changed). FF was my only other option wihtout having to travel miles for gym and I'm happy with it.

Although, I do have to say this week's Body Combat class was shockingly bad.

(HLC) I try not to go between 5.30pm - 7pm, after 7ish isnt too bad... but i cant see the point of standing about for 20 mins for the treadmill etc... i like to go first thing around 7.30 ish... lane swim, gym there never too full in the mornings...

Originally posted by karl2784

When are the quietest times to go and how much is it?! I seem to remember that it was unlimited time in the pool - unlike Ponds Forge!

Thanks

:)

I go swimming there quite regularly at about 9pm, it's always quiet and I'm sure it's unlimited time in the lane pool, I've never been asked to leave after I've been in for any length of time and I'm not a member.

Archived