Home streaks!! Help!

My daughter wants a couple of blonde streaks puttiing through her hair but our usual hairdresser can't get us in so it looks like i'm going it alone!

Does anyone have any advice or tips? Should I use a cap or foils? Where do I get the bleach and how do I apply??

Help anyone!!

Ali

You sound quite unsure of what to do and I'm led to believe (although I've personally never died my hair) that there's lots to go wrong - I'd stick with the hairdresser and make sure she gets a proper job. My mum once cut my long hair and tried to feather it - she cocked it up completely and I ended up with shoulder length hair as she tried to even it out - I've never forgiven her!

My daughter wants a couple of blonde streaks puttiing through her hair but our usual hairdresser can't get us in so it looks like i'm going it alone!

Does anyone have any advice or tips? Should I use a cap or foils? Where do I get the bleach and how do I apply??

Help anyone!!

Ali

hey why dont you just get one of those little streaking kits, you get the colour a litle wand like a mascara brush and just brush a few in where you want them, and can do them as thick or thin as you want to plus they show you which colour hair it will work well on and come in different shades of blonde and caramels, im sure they are made by wella or can even get shops own brand and are under a fiver,

ive seen them in boots, savers and wilkos:D

It depends on her colour at the minute, is it natural or coloured? putting bleach on dark coloured hair will turn it orange.

I have bleached blonde hair all over but took me a while to get the colour right.

What colour is her hair, is it in good condition?

Hiya,

Her hair is in good nick, it's blonde and she just wants a couple of lighter streaks running through

I wouldnt even dare- I let my mate do mine a few years back with a home streaking kit, bearing in mine mine was dyed dark brown so the colour wasn't great but it had a tortoise shell effect where the bleach had leaked through the cap... awful... never agani! If you don't know what you are doing and her hair isn't already light then don't bother is my advice... :)

Why don't you tell your daughter to wait till your hairdresser can fit you in, it could avert a hair disaster as the posters above have mentioned and that way she learns the value of patience at the same time instead of getting what she wants immediately like most kids get today :D

You could use a cap but be warned it hurts like hell pulling the hair through and getting it off!

You can buy home streaking kits but if she only wants a few and you feel confident you could do it yourself with foils, just remember if your not confident with bleach dont use it, and be careful which bleach you use as it can burn your head.

Archived