Lloyds TSB to start charging for using a planned overdraft.

And therein lies the reason they can get away it.

If I had no overdraft I would but to where? Halifax are terrible as are HSBC. I dont trust any of them. I have been with LLoyds TSB for many years.

Know your enemy and all that.

I've been with Lloyds (TSB as was then) since i was old enough to have a bank account - about 20 ish years, i have never had an overdraft and i refuse to pay for an account when i wont use the extras that they give you (car insurance etc is cheaper to buy seperately), i have already moved all my savings to other accounts. You should be given a choice, i'm not going to keep my money with them any longer.

Halifax charge £5 a day if you go past your overdraft limit.

Their customers don't seem impressed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214544/Halifax-slashes-overdraft-fee-5-rival-banks-set-follow-suit.html

They also charge you £1 per day even in an arranged overdraft ,After being with the Halifax for well over 20 years ,but no more the response I got is and I quote" We have to recoup our losses somehow" I said not from me you don`t and swiftly closed all my accounts so did my other half and I closed my son`s too.Oh and before all this started the closed my son`s ISA account and took the money I got onto the F O and they got it back saying what they did to my son`s ISA account was Illegal

Archived