Tony Blair to donate his book advance to injured soldiers

A very generous donation from Tony, good on him.

You can fool some of the people all of time.

I suppose if Ian Huntley wrote a book and donated the money to the families of his victims you'd be applauding his gesture and saying "Good old Ian, he's not such a bad lad after all!"

im not even going to comment on the last post because obviously you dont think sensibly.

To put Blair and huntley in the same thought you are a very sick man and obviously disturbed!

Any soldier that joins any force knows that eventually they may be asked to do some fighting in another country that they may not be 100% happy with (reason wise), but you have joined the forces knowing that you get paid not to ask questions but to fight for your country. Any one who goes into the forces thinking they are going in to have a 9-5 job is going in for the wrong reasons!

Also i know different people have different opinions on whether we should or should not have gone into Iraq, i believe its better to get rid of the problem befor it becomes a problem!

Also how many more of these millionaires and stuff put money to our forces or to any charity very few be greatful for every penny, what ever his reason are it will be a bg help so get off your band wagon and think of the injured!

Also how many more of these millionaires and stuff put money to our forces or to any charity very few be greatful for every penny, what ever his reason are it will be a bg help so get off your band wagon and think of the injured!

You would be suprised at the amount of people with wealth and fame that both donate and go over there and do not court publicity from it.

i would be very suprised because i know there isnt many celebritys etc that do not use any oppertunity to get there face on tv or in the papers, unfortunatly for me all i see is a lot of people jumping on well hell of a band wagon who seem to know very little about the forces!

i would be very suprised because i know there isnt many celebritys etc that do not use any oppertunity to get there face on tv or in the papers, unfortunatly for me all i see is a lot of people jumping on well hell of a band wagon who seem to know very little about the forces!

Really? Do you know for example that Gordom Ramsay spent Xmas day in Iraq, took a team of his staff over, cooked xmas dinner for the troops and paid for it all out of his own pocket?

There are loads of cases like this, but the difference between these people and Blair is that they do it without seeking the publicity from it.

Ok so if we didn't go to war (and I am not saying that it was the correct decision) what was the next step for the UN. Weapons of mass destruction or not, have people forgotten the number of times that Sadam refused to let the UN inspectors visit certain sites. You have to say that the guy had a pretty appalling track record like invading Kuwait , gassing innocent Kurds, removing people who might have a different opinion etc. I am not defending his Toniness as it appears he and Georgie boy hijacked the UN resolution, I am just interested in what people think the next step should have been.

Archived