How much would you pay to live in Parkhill?

chem1st

How much?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• I wouldn't, or less than £1
    • £1 - £9999
    • £10k - £25k
    • £25k- £50k
    • £50k - £75k
    • £75k - £100k
    • £100k - £200k
    • £200k - £500k
    • £500k - £999.999k
    • £1 million +

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/barnsley/row_over_price_of_new_park_hill_flats_1_3835236

Not sure why people keep saying that for £90k you could get a nice house in a nice area.

No you couldn't.

If I had a choice between a 3 bedroom house in the middle of Parson Cross or a 2 bed flat in a block with concierge security and views over the city I know what I'd choose...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/barnsley/row_over_price_of_new_park_hill_flats_1_3835236

Not sure why people keep saying that for £90k you could get a nice house in a nice area.

No you couldn't.

If I had a choice between a 3 bedroom house in the middle of Parson Cross or a 2 bed flat in a block with concierge security and views over the city I know what I'd choose...

£100k for a nice terrace at slate street/delf street at Heeley. decent area, parking, decent neighbours.

No you couldn't.

It all depends on what you consider a 'nice area'. £90k would get you a terrace in Woodseats, Hillsborough and Walkley and I'd rather live in those 3 areas than on Park Hill. It's horses for courses though and that's just my preference.

You also need to consider the service charges that you need to pay in a flat as these will bump up your monthly outgoings. A mortgage and service charges on a £90k flat in Park Hill might be the monthly payment equivalent of a £95-£100k mortgage on a house in Hillsborough. Does anybody know what the monthly service charge on Park Hill is going to be?

When a 1 bed flat is priced at £90k, I cant see many wanting to live there. Surely a professional would be looking to buy in a place like Dore, a house with a garden y'know.

£90k is a hell of a lot of 2011 £. People would need an income of £30k. If I was in the top 20% of earners for Sheffield I would not aspire to parkhill. Even the people on benefits whom could live there for were turning it down! (Not that they would now we have a shortage of housing).

Are you mixing up young professionals and established ones?

A recent graduate in a profession may well have a salary of 30k, they certainly will do after 5 years of working. They won't have the money to buy anything in Dore. To be honest I'm not sure what you think you could buy in Dore with a garden for 90k.

Archived