Baseball in Sheffield??

*_ash_*

I doubt i'll get a single response to this, but after a trip to USA last month, I've taken a shine to Baseball, great game, just a ridiculously complicating version of Rounders, obviously, but looks like a laugh..

Anyone know any Baseball on this side of the pond, in Sheffield??

nowt im afraid, not when i looked anyways. I did the same when i was there a couple of years ago and really got into the game, wnet to see a couple of games in chicago and philly. Let me know if you find anything. Cant imagine the quality would be quite the same though!

It's a bit random I know but....

I play for a local softball team (similar sport but mixed and with bigger balls) and some of the guys who come down to training lpay baseball for a team somewhere around here. Not sure who they are or when they play though.

Will try and find out for ya mate,

Mattel

Hi!

I had the same idea a little while back but never really did the research properly, until I saw this post and thought well now's as good a time as any!

So for all you baseball fans in Sheffield here's one for you:

http://www.baseballsoftballuk.com/show_team.php?team_id=46

If anyone is thinking of going along from the south side of sheffield, please pm me as I would like to go but am not sure I know my way around brinsworth well enough to find it and also I could do with a lift!

Hope this helps!!

osisris and imposter, i found the site for Softball in Sheffield, looks like a good laugh, and a way of learning the rules a bit more, before progressing to Baseball, (especially as the Sheffield Baseball team looks quite professional)

It seems they play at Attercliffe, i'm gonna drop them a line.

http://gate.ac.uk/softball/index.html

thats the address if anyone wants to have a look

ash

djash1000. Sounds good. Im interested in this. I aint ever played before but I run a lot so im pretty fit. Ive got a Mets top that would do the job as well!

Id be up for giving this a whirl. It might be good if we could approach them as a group....? I'll ask around to see if anyone else is interested?

Archived