Government to ban cowboy clampers

Isn't it strange how people were in favour of Meadowhall clamping cars taking two spaces or parked in disabled bays, yet people are against smaller companies protecting their parking assets?

Exactly. I'm assuming now that Wickes will have a full car park full of people doing their shopping down the moor.

Semi-permenant sticker, if it's purposefully made with high strength adhesive that would knowingly be difficult to remove from the car, the owner might have a criminal damage case.

Ordinary paper fastened with paste would do the job. They did this to students cars that parked in staff car parks at uni. It would be very difficult for an offending parker to claim criminal damage as the sticker can be removed in 10 minutes using hot water. But if it worries you use fly posters for rock gigs and avoid any reprisals from the parking pillocks.

I know you keep claiming

You are right I think I did mention it once. I'm pretty sure it has happened too. Even in a small country I would guess some people park on private land without permission.

I spent a few minutes searching and found loads of threads on forums discussing this topic and most of them ended up agreeing that a blanket ban wasn't the best way of solving this problem. The cowboy clampers deserve it but lawful ones who are employed to protect private car parks aren't really doing anything wrong.

You could say inconveniencing a percentage of businesses and their genuine customers is a small price to pay. It seems there was an alternative that would have worked better though, simply setting a fee structure and suitable rules that clampers have to stick too to stay within the law.

Do you know that for a fact or are you just passing on heresay?

The picture is from a thread on a different forum, someone got a penalty notice from parking in Wickes at the end of the Moor and posted the picture of the sign to see if they could get away without paying.

So no, I didn't personally take it, so can't guarantee its authenticity, but I can't see any reason for it to be fake. I don't know how often they clamp rather than give out a penalty charge as the person who posted didn't get clamped I don't think.

It probably happens more often then I realised but it must be a bit of a shock when the Government announce laws/regulations etc that make you unemployed almost instantly. The same happened with HIPS providers a few months back but I can't remember it for a long time before that.

Archived