Government to ban cowboy clampers

It probably happens more often then I realised but it must be a bit of a shock when the Government announce laws/regulations etc that make you unemployed almost instantly. The same happened with HIPS providers a few months back but I can't remember it for a long time before that.

I feel a bit sorry for them, but they were jobsworths weren't they?

It probably happens more often then I realised but it must be a bit of a shock when the Government announce laws/regulations etc that make you unemployed almost instantly. The same happened with HIPS providers a few months back but I can't remember it for a long time before that.

I don't see why anyone would loose a job over this. They aren't banning car park attendants just those bar stewards who clamp cars. If anything it will make jobs for car park attendants.

If a clamper losses his livelyhood I will nip out and have a pint or two in celebration thereby creating work for the brewing industry.

I don't see why anyone would loose a job over this. They aren't banning car park attendants just those bar stewards who clamp cars. If anything it will make jobs for car park attendants.

If a clamper losses his livelyhood I will nip out and have a pint or two in celebration thereby creating work for the brewing industry.

Do you think all clampers fit your description or just a small minority?

Those outside the small minority who illegally clamp people are just trying to earn a living. There are a number of companies whose sole job is clamping, they wont easily become a parking attendant company over night.

To be honest I couldn't care less about clampers becoming unemployed (no more than I could about people from any other profession anyway) just couldn't think of many instances where this type of decision was made that instantly made people unemployed and put companies out of business.

As I side note, am I the only one who finds it frustrating that you have to right about 5 times as much to try and prevent people making assumptions about what you are saying. I could just see a reply as I was writing this sayins - there are loads of people been made unemployed every day, why do you think clampers are special. When at no point did I say that. :)

It will be poetic justice to see the scummy clampers lose their jobs .

could`nt happen to a nicer bunch of people .

It will be poetic justice to see the scummy clampers lose their jobs .

could`nt happen to a nicer bunch of people .

I know a clamper who only ever operated within the law. He sponsors a number of children in third world countries, that won't be happening any more. I hope this makes you pleased. I'll send you the detail if you want to pick up the slack.

:)

I know a clamper who only ever operated within the law. He sponsors a number of children in third world countries, that won't be happening any more. I hope this makes you pleased. I'll send you the detail if you want to pick up the slack.

He was obviously making too much money out of inflicting mysery on others if what you claim is true. I certainly won't be shedding a tear over any clamper legitimate or otherwise who finds himself out of work, any more than it bothers me that some leech bankers lost their jobs in the recession.

If it concerns you that much you can probably relax in the knowledge that people not being ripped off by clampers may have a little more in their pockets to donate to charities. But I suspect that you are making the whole sob story up anyhow. I'm a cynic you see.

I was once going to give £35 to the NSPCC but then I got a £35 parking ticket so I couldn't afford to donate it. I hope it made them pleased. I sent them some NSPCC leaflets to try persuade them to donate the fine.

I still don't understand the hatred towards these companies. Are people too dumb to realise that if you don't want a hugely inflated fine then don't park where you shouldn't? Or is that sounding too much like common sense?

Archived