Government to ban cowboy clampers

Those designer kitchens are bought in, costing you £29K so your mark up is low.

The barrier will cost £8,000. Your family wants to go on holiday this year. Isn't placing a fine (sorry, invoice) a much cheaper and more effective solution?

This discussion seems to be a pointless exercise, some people are completely unable to see things from anything other than their own perspective. No matter how easy you make it.

I'm sure in reality it won't be a massive problem but I bet there is a little independent shop somewhere that really struggles because of this. Probably similar to the examples described above. I would imagine at some point that whatever it is that allows you to simply ignore private parking "invoices" will be tightened up, so fair parking charges for unauthorised parking can be recovered.

For a small shop, owned by a family business the impact would be huge. All so some ignorant people can avoid paying to park in a public car park like everyone else.

How do you quantify the impact? How do you know how many people would go there if the parking was available..

This discussion seems to be a pointless exercise, some people are completely unable to see things from anything other than their own perspective. No matter how easy you make it.

It's actually a reasonable discussion...just because people post in a certain way doesn't mean that that's how they behave..... if we all said "oh yes you're right"

then the forums would be a pretty dull place....

I'm sure in reality it won't be a massive problem but I bet there is a little independent shop somewhere that really struggles because of this. Probably similar to the examples described above. I would imagine at some point that whatever it is that allows you to simply ignore private parking "invoices" will be tightened up, so fair parking charges for unauthorised parking can be recovered.

The issuer of said "invoice"" always has the opportunity of taking the non-payer to court....

Rather than poor unfortunate, I would say the dumb person who wanted to avoid parking in a public car park.

Would you go to Cooplands, buy some lunch and then walk into a restaurant, sit down at a table and eat it? Hopefully not, so why is it acceptable to use a car park if you aren't providing the company with business?

By your own argument the restaurant would then have the right and indeed again by your own argument be expected to handcuff them to the table?

It's actually a reasonable discussion...just because people post in a certain way doesn't mean that that's how they behave..... if we all said "oh yes you're right"

then the forums would be a pretty dull place....

Doesn't have to be - "oh yes you are right" but making irrelevant points without considering the opposite point of view doesn't make for an interesting discussion.

For me personally the ban is going to have zero effect, but it certainly feels like it is poorly thought out. I would imagine the businesses who can no longer employ companies to clamp cars will issue "invoices" and probably pursue them further as more and more people seem to keep ignoring them. When this happens and the charges are proved to be fair I'm sure there will be a lot more complaints.

Doesn't have to be - "oh yes you are right" but making irrelevant points without considering the opposite point of view doesn't make for an interesting discussion.

For me personally the ban is going to have zero effect, but it certainly feels like it is poorly thought out. I would imagine the businesses who can no longer employ companies to clamp cars will issue "invoices" and probably pursue them further as more and more people seem to keep ignoring them. When this happens and the charges are proved to be fair I'm sure there will be a lot more complaints.

What happens in Scotland? Genuine question...

Archived