Government to ban cowboy clampers

I can do what I want on my own land. As a general rule, other people can only do what I allow them to do.

This rule abolishes that idea altogether, since anybody who cares to can park on my land for as long as they please, and there's damn-all I can do to stop them.

Put a fence around it, and a gate across the entrance. That will stop people parking on your land.

By the way, you can't clamp anyone unless you are are SIA registered and follow guidance that is set out.

You could I suppose issue people who park there with an unenforceable invoice but you might have to scare them into paying with letters from false solicitors and collection agencies.

I can do what I want on my own land. As a general rule, other people can only do what I allow them to do.

This rule abolishes that idea altogether, since anybody who cares to can park on my land for as long as they please, and there's damn-all I can do to stop them.

Actually you can't.

Well, this is another great move by Mr Cameron in his bid to end the war on motorists .

First the funding was stopped for speed cameras ,now we will be able to drive safe in the knowledge that we wont be held to ramsom by these clamping parasites .

We may finally have a Government that is motorist friendly .

Long may this continue . Next on the list needs to be the banning of bus lanes and cycle lanes .

Well as you needed to display legal notices and apply for a licence to clamp vehicles even if they were on your own land to it is hardly going to make any difference to you is it?

I think you are whinging for the sake of it.

I wouldn't want to hire bully boys, but I'd like to be able to tow a car off my drive so that I can park on it. I assume you're happy with me parking in your drive while I go away for a week?

No problem , for £20 a day im more than happy for you to park on my drive.

Well, this is another great move by Mr Cameron in his bid to end the war on motorists .

First the funding was stopped for speed cameras ,now we will be able to drive safe in the knowledge that we wont be held to ramsom by these clamping parasites .

We may finally have a Government that is motorist friendly .

Long may this continue . Next on the list needs to be the banning of bus lanes and cycle lanes .

Cue Spindrift...... :hihi:

Archived