Government to ban cowboy clampers

A question that directly affects me then.

My car is parked underground in a car park. Everyone has their own dedicated space. Entry to the car park is by a fob key. On the entrance to the car park, and throughout the area there are signs stating that any unauthorised parking will lead to a £500 fine and towing away of the vehicle.

When these rules are abolished, should I just accept that someone might be parked in my space?

I didnt realise that the proposed review would also remove your fob controlled entry.

As a side question, if it is fob controlled how does someone who is unauthorised gain entry?

I didnt realise that the proposed review would also remove your fob controlled entry.

As a side question, if it is fob controlled how does someone who is unauthorised gain entry?

In an earlier post Paul reckoned someone could tailgate their way into the car park..

It's relatively simple to follow a car in.

If the proposed review prevents large fines being issued for parking on private property then we may see an increase in people parking in our spaces when they shouldn't.

If the proposed review prevents large fines being issued for parking on private property then we may see an increase in people parking in our spaces when they shouldn't.

Did you see my earlier post re a item you could buy...?

As I asked before but got no reply from yourself..what happens in Scotland now...are all the private spaces occupied by people who shouldn't be there?

Most controlled barriers i have had to use leave sufficient time for the car to get throug not extra ones behind, also the need to be fobbed out.

Is there a particular problem in your car park of people waiting till someone happens to go so they can follow them and later waiting till someone goes out to follow them? Seems an awful amount of trouble to go to for free parking, they could be there for hours!!!

What type of towing do you think will still be allowed?

As in towing it to a compound somewhere, not just shifting 20 yards down the road to remove it as an obstruction?

I presumed it would still be towed, but not held to ransom until you've paid. They then invoice and chase you through the courts like any other invoice that's not paid. Thus removing any outrageous charges as the court will see right through them.

I may be completely wrong on that count though, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to move a car that is preventing you going about your business.

My understanding was removing the car by towing or on the back of a lorry was banned too.

I may be wrong then, but it would seem that in that case you could hold a shop to ransom by simply parking across their entrance.

Nobody ever suggested that. Why even ask that question. That is what I mean about pointless discussions. Posting stuff like that serves no purpose.

Why...if it's not causing a problem in Scotland then why should it be different here? Anyway who made you the arbiter of "pointless"?

Archived