Government to ban cowboy clampers

No, nor has anyone about clampers. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't assuming the thing I went out of my way to prevent people assuming. It winds me up more than anything else on forums. If you write something to make people consider an alternative view and they then assume you are supporting/backing something.

I know what you mean :)

This government is going to destroy the Labour Party if it goes on like this.

Or fuel them? From what I have seen, they'll be a bigger pull to the left again after we've had a good long look at the rabble we've been dumped with after noone was elected in the last generals...

On topic though - good news re clampers being given the shove! Is this policy now, or a twinkle in the eye right now?

It happens every year for things like the London Marathon.

I imagine that there would be advisory signs up for a couple of weeks before hand in that case.

This was a case of parking a taxed, tested and insured car in a legitimate place. I accept it made it dificult for an artic, but I am angry that they obviously have the right to tow my car away.

The police were fine about it, but the factory boss gave me a load of abuse about my 'selfish' parking as it had delayed their delivery...tough - he'd spoiled my lie-in.

As the factory was on the same street as the pub, perhaps a note in the pub advising people that there was a delivery expected the next day (Saturday) would have worked a treat.

The Government is set to ban clamping and tow aways from private land, 20 years after it was banned in Scotland. Well done government, about time these dreadful cowboy clampers were put out of business.

Where do you live, I'm going to park on your drive.

Or fuel them? From what I have seen, they'll be a bigger pull to the left again after we've had a good long look at the rabble we've been dumped with after noone was elected in the last generals...

On topic though - good news re clampers being given the shove! Is this policy now, or a twinkle in the eye right now?

After the last 13 years of suffering under Labour , the voting public finally saw sense and got rid of the useless Labour party.

i very much doubt they will see the front door of no 10 for a very long time

Where do you live, I'm going to park on your drive.

And here's me thinking that sheffielders were above small minded petty insults, how wrong i was :loopy:

Clampers have only themselves to blame, if the fine was £20-£30 for clamp removal, im sure that none of this would be happening, but as they got greedy and sneeky and lost all common sence over money, at the end of they day they have only themselves to blame, so all the bleating in the world isn't going to change anything now, public opinion has spoke!!

Down here they seem to enjoy the punishment that Dave the rave is inflicting, rather perverse I think.

Clampers have only themselves to blame, if the fine was £20-£30 for clamp removal, im sure that none of this would be happening, but as they got greedy and sneeky and lost all common sence over money, at the end of they day they have only themselves to blame, so all the bleating in the world isn't going to change anything now, public opinion has spoke!!

I think the issue is the being held to ransom. You can turn up, clamp anyone and demand monies for release. The car owner has little choice but to pay if they want to get their car running again, regardless of whether there is any legal restriction or not. It's far too one sided. If you argue or dispute the offence, then you ain't getting your car back even if you're in the right.

I have no problem with people protecting their parking spaces, but any charges that are unpaid need to be recovered via the courts, so that the legality/validity of the demand can he assessed.

Archived