Government to ban cowboy clampers

It's a shame you need a driveway like fort knox to ensure that no one else parks on it isn't it? Particularly with the knowledge that if they somehow did get in, you couldn't legally clamp the vehicle or have it towed away!

Perhaps people fit gates and locks to prevent burglars and other intruders not obscessed idiots who might park in their driveway.

Nobody would want to park on it, I live in the middle of nowhere.

'Legally' ? What's that got to do with it ? Accidents happen you know.

In this thread surely Legally has everything to do with it. Since previously clamping was a legal option and now won't be.

Perhaps people fit gates and locks to prevent burglars and other intruders not obscessed idiots who might park in their driveway.

I think you might have missed the point.

Do other land owners not have a right to have their property free of random people parking without having to put up fences and gates?

If a bit of land has no gate should it be free game for anyone to park on?

That's the situation now as clamping won't be possible.

I think you might have missed the point.

Do other land owners not have a right to have their property free of random people parking without having to put up fences and gates?

If a bit of land has no gate should it be free game for anyone to park on?

That's the situation now as clamping won't be possible.

No it is you that is missing the point. Only licenced clampers are currently allowed to clamp vehicles, and only on plots of land where signage warns of the clamping activities.

As I roam the streets of Sheffield I am yet to find a private house with one of these signs. In other words if some idiot wants to park on someone's driveway the home owner can't clamp them now. That includes me, because I don't hold a clamping licence or have signs up. Does it worry me? Not one bit, because it isn't a problem except for folk like you who find the need to argue about it.

Archived