Has anyone seen "who killed the electric car"

I watched this over the weekend. The car was called the EV1 and it looked great but the company that made them seemed to do all they could to prevent people from buying them....

cut to George Bush (totally unsurprising to someone who watches quite a few american documentaries)

The people that had managed to lease them from the company had them taken away and destroyed even though the customers were desperate to buy them.

An american scientist had a company making great batteries that could be used in electric cars, an oil company bought it! I despair!

Why haven't we got them here? They look great!

I remember this sort of thing when I was waiting for a product to begin shipping that converted film SLR cameras into very high quality digital cameras. They had some financial problems and suddenly disappeared. My suspicion was that one of the camera big boys bought them out and buried it. They were offering 10megapixels when most were offering 3-4.

If governments actually wanted to rid the country of petrol powered cars it would be easy. For example, what do cars do? They travel at speeds, what does this cause? Wind. Now, how difficult would it be attach a generator under the bonnet that takes the wind power generated by the motion of the car to charge the electric battery?

You could travel on the motorway for hours on end without filling up, because the motion of the car would be charging your power source.

There was one created a couple of years ago, not sure of the exact details of the technology; it was water based something that sent a beam or something into water and reated a great deal of power. This was a guy in USA. There was also a very simular consept in russa, but not too sure what happened to that.

The guy was visited by some suit guys (assume they were from an oil company) threatened to kill his family if he continued with his proto type.

Of course he discontinued development and it never saw the light of day...

If governments actually wanted to rid the country of petrol powered cars it would be easy. For example, what do cars do? They travel at speeds, what does this cause? Wind. Now, how difficult would it be attach a generator under the bonnet that takes the wind power generated by the motion of the car to charge the electric battery?

You could travel on the motorway for hours on end without filling up, because the motion of the car would be charging your power source.

Dream on dude!

You don't think the additional wind resistance would have an effect on fuel consumption? Not a great attempt at a perpetual motion machine..

You don't think the additional wind resistance would have an effect on fuel consumption? Not a great attempt at a perpetual motion machine..

How true when we had bikes with the old fashione Bottle dynamo you could feel the resistence when it connected.

I find it so infuriating and upsetting that we have the technology (I knew we had it but I did not know how good it is) and the consumers have the will but the EVIL oil companies quash it all and don't give one as long as they keep the price of oil increasing. They really make me sick!:rant:

Every documentary I watch has a pic of Bush licking the buttocks of someone from an oil company. Why on earth does any country aspire to be like america:confused:

the oil seems to control the food, the military, the politicians, the environment-they have no chance!

I find it so infuriating and upsetting that we have the technology (I knew we had it but I did not know how good it is) and the consumers have the will but the EVIL oil companies quash it all and don't give one as long as they keep the price of oil increasing. They really make me sick!:rant:

Every documentary I watch has a pic of Bush licking the buttocks of someone from an oil company. Why on earth does any country aspire to be like america:confused:

the oil seems to control the food, the military, the politicians, the environment-they have no chance!

This could be a drinking game like Roxanne!:hihi:

Archived