Damon's Restaurant, Crystal Peaks

sweetie1985

• 2 weeks later...
Guest makapaka

I have been there 5/6 times, not really by choice but because I have family up that way who seem to like it, but I can safely say everytime I have been I've been disappointed.

It's not just that the food isn't any good, but you pay through the nose for it aswell.

Truly awful place,same as Frankie and Bennys,over priced microwaved food for the masses who don't normally eat out

Wrong, I eat out 95% of my life as work away overseas and in the UK, and I have to say Damons ribs are 2nd to none!

Ok the location is crap, the waiting staff are not professionals, the decor is dated, the food bar the ribs is average, the chefs cant cook a steak as it should be

but the ribs!:hihi: holy smoke they are just unreal! I have never had any ribs as good anywhere in the world, I always say that they would be my last meal if I was on death row, the meat just falls off the bone under its own weight, would love to be able to cook them like that myself! but fortunately they do take away :-) which is what I normally do as my house is a better setting than the restaurant.

Damons used to be a great place to eat but after my last visit in August it will be a long time before I go again. The service was very poor and the portions much smaller than they used to be. My daughters bourbon mushroom vege meal was overloaded with sugar and she couldn't eat it. On a positive note, the ribs here are second to none,

Archived