Damon's Restaurant, Crystal Peaks

sweetie1985

I wouldn't really bother either. I had their onion loaf about a year ago and I swear it's still repeating on me.

The onion loaf is like I would imagine eating loft insulation to be! Just McDonalds for grown ups! Wouldn't go again if it was free!

Damon's in my opinion is the best avaliable in Sheffield for the 'American Diner' experience. I rate it far higher than any of the chains avaliable such as TGI fridays and Frankie & Bennies (is that ie or y?).

We have been going as a familly since it first opened for special occasions such as birthdays etc, not for the free meal, mostly just for the experience.

I did notice that they must have gone through a rough patch at one time, and closed half the restaurant and turned into into a conference rooms or something, this must be because the revenues had dropped on the meals. I did notice after this, the quality of the food dropped ever so slightly. Such as the fresh bread you got was of a lesser quality, and the french fries were a little cheaper etc.

However we visited last month, and the quality had gone back up to its original standards. The steaks, ribs and seafoods are all of high quality, I wouldn't say its over priced, I think for the ammount of food you get, the price is very reasonable.

• 2 months later...

Having just returned from the above mentioned restaurant I feel it should be known that for a children's glass of Cola you will pay £2.20, with a pint being £3.50 which is actually more expensive than alcohol.

Although the food was OK if not rather expensive We wont be visiting again due to over inflated sky high prices.

Interestingly the soft drink & draught beer/lager prises are not on any menu or advertising board for you to observe. You find out when you pay!!!!

Archived