Damon's Restaurant, Crystal Peaks

sweetie1985

There have been numerous threads on Damon's; try the search facility.

Personally, I find the place & its 'food' ghastly. Overpriced, overcooked, and fortunately for me, other there in Beighton.

Its slogan should read: "Eating out for people who don't eat out."

I'm not the only one then?

Thanks for the really in-depth review. Very helpful :)

I think it's more of a 'marmite' place. Guess you either love it or hate it.

Only one way to see if I like it though I suppose!

Thanks for everyone's help :D

If after all those negative reviews you're still planning to go, then I can't help thinking you've wasted our time. And yeah, use the search facility in future. Happy birthday for whenever it is!

Looks like I've got some catching up to do!

thats such a nice thing to say when people are trying to give you advice,

on second thoughts damons is really good for kids of your age, you will even get a sparkler in your cake,

I’m not getting a cake though, remember? I’m not going on my birthday.

It’s a shame though, I really love sparklers.

If after all those negative reviews you're still planning to go, then I can't help thinking you've wasted our time. And yeah, use the search facility in future. Happy birthday for whenever it is!

What difference is it to you whether I go or not?

How have I personally wasted your time? I wasn’t aware that I was forcing to you answer. Apologies if my original post came across that way.

Also, just referring to my original post, I did say: “I have read some reviews on here, but none are really recent.” – That means that I did use the search facility prior to posting a message, but thanks.

Lastly, thank you for the birthday wishes. I’m sure I’ll have a fantastic day.

I'd really REALLY (personally) try somewhere else myself. I've been once.

Tomato soup at over £3.00 for what is actually half a tin of Heinz wasn't a great start.

If you like steaks and burgers, then go and the Onion Loaf is actually ok. It's your birthday meal, your choice. I would say, personally, though that there are much much better places to go.

To each their own though. Hope you have a great birthday and a great time :)

Its overpriced these days for what you get. Good service, in and out glorified American Diner.

However for a relaxed,non critical, rowdy(ish) party atmosphere it's ok, it's no good if you know the correct order for eating with cutlery,'cos you only get one set.

Ribs are my fave, onion loaf is ok, jackets are usually very nice.

Oof, well she really told me didn't she! Haha. If you hate it as much as I did last time I went, then don't say we didn't warn you. I suppose it all depends on how much you like and know about food, but even Wetherspoon's do a better burger and that's a fact. Enjoy the mirrors and countless plastic plants.

Well i have nothing but nice things to say about damons

I Love it!!

Ive been lots and lots of times. Last time i went was the beginning of june for my birthday and had quite a large party with me.

Everyone enjoyed the meal and the cocktails.

Personally love their award winning ribs. My entire family agree.

We eat there alot and also have take-a-ways.

Id definetly say 'give it a try' you might not like it or enjoy it, think its down to personal opinion.

But its worth a visit :D

Personally love their award winning ribs

This seems to be the latest cliche, the phrase Award Winning, which suddenly applies to practically any eatery in England.

I went up to Whitby last weekend and came across two chip shops using this over-employed phrase.

Do these places award themselves? Certainly in Damon's case, it's the only way they'd receive such.

Archived