Mod for it Bank Holday Special Sunday 29th August @DQ

Tinsoldier

All the usual Mod/Motown/Northern & 60 T's Soul sounds at DQ plus........

**An extra special Bank Holiday Sunday, 'Mod for it' with honoured guest appearance from ex Simply Red bassist Sean Ward,

(who will) be reprising live, some classic Motown/ Soul Bass hooks-Don't miss it!**

Always a good night but the Bank hol specials just edge it for me!! Cracking tunes all night long from rare soul and R&B to 60's Mod Beat and plenty of Ska/2Tone shennanigans!! And best of all no work the next day!! Don't miss it!!

Sean will be playing live bass hooks to songs such as Superstition Stevie Wonder, Heatwave Martha Reeves, Keep on Running Spencer Davies, Band of Gold Freda Payne, I know you got Soul Bobby Byrd etc

Should be great-------Are you coming?

I well fancy going to this but there's no mention of it on DQ's website, just that it's Charged on two floors. Now obviously I don't want to turn up in winkelpickers and paisley neckerchief only to find a load of gurning mad-heads with glo-sticks there, so Tinsoldier, can you clear up my confusion!?

Hello S11 lad,

I don't think DQ update their website that often, but I do have it on good authority (DQ's manager) that upstairs is reserved for Mod for it this Sunday 29th August 11pm while 4am

also there is a prebar for this event taking place just up the road at Bar 23 West One from 8pm, Free Entry

all the best......

Archived