Nether Edge - problems with youths

shaky99

Where have you seen these things? What have the police said?

End of Empire Road/Bedale Road (Tesco Express End)/Picture house/traffic light crossing.

Police as always gave a crime number, said 'somebody will come out straight away'....Police appears 30/40 mins later......Then get a call back later saying they came out but couldn't find the people doing it.

I live on Sheldon Road and this is becoming more and more worrying. My partner was late home from work today (he worked longer hours and I forgot) but I honestly was worrying, to the point of panicking at one point because he hadn't answered his phone first time. I am actually not a worrying person like this but I have seen a group of kids hanging around pops, almost daily now. Now they have not been any problem to me, they have asked me to buy them cigs once and I refused simply saying I couldn't get served and they didn't say anything. They did ask rather rudely but still, I wasn't worried. I do however worry that me fella is going to come in one day beaten up just because he is a male coming from the abbeydale road area. Now I am starting to worry that it is me they're going to harm! I would, at every cost stick up for myself but still, it is extremely worrying that I could be coming home from work and just attacked for no reason.

Being attacked for no reason does happen, it happened to me when I was younger and there were 5 of us! Always seems to be KIDS...and the youths hanging about are only about 14-17. Maybe they should park a police car on Pops for a couple of weeks. They did heavy patrolling on Manor when I lived there (sadly) for 3 weeks and it calmed down the whole time. I think that's all that nether edge/abbeydale and surrounding area's would need as this has only just started happening. Sort it out police, I don't pay taxes for nothing!!

There are some serious issues with youths in the Broadfield/Abbeydale Road area. I witnessed around 5 youths throwing fireworks into the path of oncoming cars around two weeks ago. This has been reported to the Police. It appears to still be happening. What is it going to take to stop these idiots?!!!

I live on Sheldon Road and this is becoming more and more worrying. My partner was late home from work today (he worked longer hours and I forgot) but I honestly was worrying, to the point of panicking at one point because he hadn't answered his phone first time. I am actually not a worrying person like this but I have seen a group of kids hanging around pops, almost daily now. Now they have not been any problem to me, they have asked me to buy them cigs once and I refused simply saying I couldn't get served and they didn't say anything. They did ask rather rudely but still, I wasn't worried. I do however worry that me fella is going to come in one day beaten up just because he is a male coming from the abbeydale road area. Now I am starting to worry that it is me they're going to harm! I would, at every cost stick up for myself but still, it is extremely worrying that I could be coming home from work and just attacked for no reason.

Being attacked for no reason does happen, it happened to me when I was younger and there were 5 of us! Always seems to be KIDS...and the youths hanging about are only about 14-17. Maybe they should park a police car on Pops for a couple of weeks. They did heavy patrolling on Manor when I lived there (sadly) for 3 weeks and it calmed down the whole time. I think that's all that nether edge/abbeydale and surrounding area's would need as this has only just started happening. Sort it out police, I don't pay taxes for nothing!!

You are talking about being scared of kids who haven't been aggressive towards you? Kids that hang about outside a shop... Lot's of kids for generations have hung about outside shops, it doesn't mean they will fight with you or your partner... I have come across vicious and violent teens in nether edge, but the kids outside pops have always been just that - You can't tar all kids with the same brush...

You are talking about being scared of kids who haven't been aggressive towards you? Kids that hang about outside a shop... Lot's of kids for generations have hung about outside shops, it doesn't mean they will fight with you or your partner... I have come across vicious and violent teens in nether edge, but the kids outside pops have always been just that - You can't tar all kids with the same brush...

Sorry but I wasn't taring them with any brush, I was simply stating that there are kids hanging about now when there wasn't before. From what I am told the problem is not those kids and I do not believe it is those specific kids as, like I said, they have not done anything to anybody from what I have seen. The point I am making is that in Nether Edge, there never used to be youths hanging around, which do intimidate people simply by being in a gang. There is now, if they are hanging about on the street, they are going to follow suit of the others who are causing trouble.

And no, I am not scared of these kids. I walk past them every day and as I already said, they have only asked me to buy cigs for them. My worry is the random attacks.

Dear Sir/madam, My name is Ian Roberts I am the Safer neighbourhood inspector covering the Nether Edge area (as well as others). Due to other duties I am unable to monitor and therefore respond to individual messages routinely. The incidents reported on this thread are serious. Your local policing team, other partners, including: Fire service, Youth services, trading standards and local authority are actively working together in the area to identify individual offenders and retailers selling fireworks/cigarettes and alcohol to those who are under-age. If you have any information re: identities/retailers then please contact the Broomhill and Sharrow SNA on 0114 2202020 and provide me with the details. I will update you personally as to the outcome. My team are on patrol and they are briefed to patrol the Abbeydale corridor as well as other key locations. If you have any concerns with the police reponse to any incidents you have cause to report then please e-mail me directly at ian.roberts@southyorks.pnn.police.uk and I will look to resolve to your satisfaction. With kindest regards, Ian Roberts

Dear Sir/madam, My name is Ian Roberts I am the Safer neighbourhood inspector covering the Nether Edge area (as well as others). Due to other duties I am unable to monitor and therefore respond to individual messages routinely. The incidents reported on this thread are serious. Your local policing team, other partners, including: Fire service, Youth services, trading standards and local authority are actively working together in the area to identify individual offenders and retailers selling fireworks/cigarettes and alcohol to those who are under-age. If you have any information re: identities/retailers then please contact the Broomhill and Sharrow SNA on 0114 2202020 and provide me with the details. I will update you personally as to the outcome. My team are on patrol and they are briefed to patrol the Abbeydale corridor as well as other key locations. If you have any concerns with the police reponse to any incidents you have cause to report then please e-mail me directly at ian.roberts@southyorks.pnn.police.uk and I will look to resolve to your satisfaction. With kindest regards, Ian Roberts

Thank You for that.

I was thinking of getting in touch so that is helpful as I , being a resident in Nether Edge am very concerned about what is happening

Once again

Thanks

Archived