Nether Edge - problems with youths

shaky99

• 7 months later...
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with youths in nether edge. I was punched out the blue by a lad on sheldon rd on saturday night, he was only a kid but had a mate with him. The police dont seem to want to know because i said i had been the pub and had a drink, well they asked if i'd had a drink and i politey said i had.

I was walking home with a pizza and bang, and i thought i lived in a decent area

Hi, i saw another post about what happened to you on here and just wanted to say, i lived on sheldon road and in february those same little ****s came into our house, masked up claiming to have weapons, they robbed us while they held us up in our own home. We moved straight away as they are relentless on racially attacking white people. The police said there wasn't enough evidence even though they caught one of them on the road and he was wearing the exact clothes i had told them. They need teaching a lesson. They messed my life up completely, it was traumatic and the next person they hit for no reason i hope smashes them in as it's not great to stoop to their level but the police won't help you against this gang.

I lived in Nether Edge for 15 years but moved recently due to the anti social behaviour of youths in the area. These youths hang around the local shops and broadfield park area, they're wannabe gangsters when they're with all their mates but when you see them on their own they are as meek as anything.

Something needs to be done about them because they are ruining what used to be a nice area.

That area has always been bad for racist attacks During the early 90s I lived in one of the flats above the shops opposite The Broadfield. Our yard back onto the patch of land (it wasn't a park at that time) at the end of Broadfield Road. The yard was used as a short cut and gathering place for gangs.

We were subjected to daily verbal abuse and regular attacks on the flat, though attacks on our person were rarer. As were all the neighbours not just the white ones.

The police actually said they couldn't do a thing about it and suggested we got a gang together to give them a hiding. I wonder if that's still the recommended action.

I lived on Rundle Road as a child and have nothing but happy memories. Has it changed drastically since then? I've always said its one of my favourite places in Sheffield because it's so leafy.

I lived on Rundle Road as a child and have nothing but happy memories. Has it changed drastically since then? I've always said its one of my favourite places in Sheffield because it's so leafy.

i've lived here for 6 years only seen trouble twice and minor at that, i live more the sharrow side tbh but stuff goes off but no more than anywhere it seems to me more tension here so ppl flag it up and call the race card in both directions!

You don't see people coming on SF to complain about their experiences on the Manor as often as you do Netheredge, yet the Manor has a bad rep, and many still give Netheredge a good one.

It may be that the Manor Safer Neighbourhood Team are more responsive and take things more seriously. People knock Manor and Woodthorpe but the crime rate on our estates are far lower and there are very few race hate attacks either way (apart from the Park Academy saga that has been running for over 30 years). Perhaps a move up to South Sheffield may make you feel better, far more poverty though!!!

i've lived here for 6 years only seen trouble twice and minor at that, i live more the sharrow side tbh but stuff goes off but no more than anywhere it seems to me more tension here so ppl flag it up and call the race card in both directions!

My son lives just around the corner, he's never had any trouble, however go for a short stroll and you're in the bad lands.

Such is life.

No it hasn't. It's lovely round here. Maybe I live with my head in the sand or something but it doesn't seem at all like a few posters on here have described. It's lovely round here. The worst I've known was when someone threw an egg at me from a moving car. They missed.

I did hear a guy who worked at Sainsbury's say they got a lot of trouble.

Archived