Nether Edge - problems with youths

shaky99

N.E is getting so much worse, i have friends who live there, and them and the amount of people complaining of out of the blue attacks for no reason is increasing..

the police dont care and the thugs seem to go for women or those who cant fight back....

I go on the Manor/Manor Top/Parklands etc often and never had a problem walking round that area.

Even though I've never yet had any real problem I've been wary of walking through Nether Edge for a couple of years, there's just a bad vibe round the area now.

I go on the Manor/Manor Top/Parklands etc often and never had a problem walking round that area.

Even though I've never yet had any real problem I've been wary of walking through Nether Edge for a couple of years, there's just a bad vibe round the area now.

It's called unchecked racism - It needs taking in hand to be honest, but police seem concerned that in dealing with racists, they'll be accused of racism... In my onion they shouldn't be afraid and just get in there and get it sorted...

It's called unchecked racism - It needs taking in hand to be honest, but police seem concerned that in dealing with racists, they'll be accused of racism... In my onion they shouldn't be afraid and just get in there and get it sorted...

Are you talking about minority-on-white racism?

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with youths in nether edge. I was punched out the blue by a lad on sheldon rd on saturday night, he was only a kid but had a mate with him. The police dont seem to want to know because i said i had been the pub and had a drink, well they asked if i'd had a drink and i politey said i had.

I was walking home with a pizza and bang, and i thought i lived in a decent area

That is pretty unacceptable, the police are there to protect you from criminals. As far as I'm aware, being drunk isn't a criminal offence unless you're causing problems for other people.

To just dismiss it because you'd had a drink is ridiculous. I'd take it further. Are the police now saying that after you've had a drink you deserve everything you get?

No doubt if you turned round and hit the little Tom Tit you'd be arrested for assault.

Things are only going to get worse in this area unless the police get tough. I know that the police have used Section 30 Dispersal orders in several other areas of Sheffield so why not around Netheredge, Abbeydale Rd and London Road. Why is this? In my opinion it's because they don't want any political flak from being accused of racism when they stop and search the numerous groups of ethnic males that roam the area.

Shaky99 - The police have let you down here. Go into your local station and make a complaint about how you were treated. Hope you are ok now. Also I know it doesn't matter but what origin where the males who attacked you?

Here's some more threads about the downward spiral of the area:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=505591&highlight=sheldon+road

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=602209&highlight=netheredge

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=588261&highlight=netheredge

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=545506&highlight=netheredge

Things are only going to get worse in this area unless the police get tough. I know that the police have used Section 30 Dispersal orders in several other areas of Sheffield so why not around Netheredge, Abbeydale Rd and London Road. Why is this? In my opinion it's because they don't want any political flak from being accused of racism when they stop and search the numerous groups of ethnic males that roam the area.

That probably does have something to do with it. The police think nothing of waving their batons at football fans who are simply walking to a stadium but won't do anything about these kids randomly attacking normal people.

Archived