ITV news at ten last night

I think this country is very Londoncentric.

It's as if the rest of the country doesn't exist to them and is of no consequence. Considering the government, media and pretty much everything else is centred down there, and is still sloshing about with money they certainly have no idea of what life's like in the rest of the country.

well said, the people who run the country have no idea what its like in the REAL world, they should be made to try it for a few months to get a better understanding

I think this country is very Londoncentric.

It's as if the rest of the country doesn't exist to them and is of no consequence. Considering the government, media and pretty much everything else is centred down there, and is still sloshing about with money they certainly have no idea of what life's like in the rest of the country.

Very true. Even the weather forecast is almost totally about what the weather's going to be like in the south east, with the rest of the country glossed over in 10 seconds.

I would like the government to give incentives for major companies to move out of London and into the North, and for the TV stations to move as well.

Very true. Even the weather forecast is almost totally about what the weather's going to be like in the south east, with the rest of the country glossed over in 10 seconds.

I would like the government to give incentives for major companies to move out of London and into the North, and for the TV stations to move as well.

Well they're supposed to be moving a whole section of the BBC up to newly built premises in Salford Manchester, but there's been a rebellion and most of the main presenters are refusing to relocate, which rather proves my point.

In my opinion, if they won't come, then sack them, and use local talent. There's plenty of that up here. And we could use the jobs.

London = Huge city, capital of UK, centre of commerse, the arts, fashion, entertaiment, tourism etc. etc.

Sheffield = none of the above

That kind of explains the relative importance of the two places news wise, deal with it, we choose to live in a backwater where nothing very exciting ever happens.

London I would not give it house room, the people are arrogent, ignorant and selfish, they think they are a cut above the rest of us.

London = Huge city, capital of UK, centre of commerse, the arts, fashion, entertaiment, tourism etc. etc.

That kind of explains the relative importance of the two places news wise, deal with it, we choose to live in a backwater where nothing very exciting ever happens.

Thanks for proving Sandie's point, Bulgarian!

Trouble is there is rather more to it than that.

Our lives are being governed by a bunch of people who have rarely set foot outside London and have little idea of how their legislation effects anyone outside their own area of experience.

We are being ruled by people who have little common ground with the majority of the population.

You're losing the plot actualy, as more and more immigrants pour into London more and more organisations/festivals/ companys etc are moving out.

The bulk of the immigrant population in the UK now resides in greater London.

Well they're supposed to be moving a whole section of the BBC up to newly built premises in Salford Manchester, but there's been a rebellion and most of the main presenters are refusing to relocate, which rather proves my point.

In my opinion, if they won't come, then sack them, and use local talent. There's plenty of that up here. And we could use the jobs.

Not only the BBC but all sorts of organisations are joining the exodus out of London.

Archived