Should I get a tattoo or piercing?

more than half of people in uk have tattoo's

I wouldn't have guessed that! I'd say 1 in 5 (at most) of the people I know have a tattoo.

People are always saying it lets them express their individuality, and you can see where they are coming from, nothing says individual like getting a tattoo in the style of the latest celebrity fashion.

If you are undecided then go for a piercing first as they're much easier to reverse if you change your mind. I would never advise anyone who was unsure to have a tattoo because you may be alive for a very long time regretting it and they're so hard to remove in those circumstances.

BTW- I'm not judging and yes, I do have both tattoos and piercings myself.

People are always saying it lets them express their individuality, and you can see where they are coming from, nothing says individual like getting a tattoo in the style of the latest celebrity fashion.

Don't have a tattoo in the style of the latest celebrity fashion then, design your own.

You may have missed my point. It was maybe too subtle.

I think I did, I thought you were just jumping on the currently very fashionable " Euugh!, tattoos are sooo common, be an individual like me and don't have one" bandwaggon.

Appologies if you wern't.

But more people don't have tattoos than do, so not having one is hardly a defiant act of individualism is it ?

I may have to change my signature.

Me too :)

Tattoos aren't known as tramps stamps either. A certain type of tattoo in a certain part of a girls body (lower back) have been affectionately termed 'Tramp Stamp' but it has no bearing on the individual wearing them.

This country :P

If you are undecided then go for a piercing first as they're much easier to reverse if you change your mind. I would never advise anyone who was unsure to have a tattoo because you may be alive for a very long time regretting it and they're so hard to remove in those circumstances.

BTW- I'm not judging and yes, I do have both tattoos and piercings myself.

Hmmm not all of your statement is entirely accurate.

It's nothing some laser treatment couldn't fix in order to reverse :)

Archived