Should I get a tattoo or piercing?

Have people whose best argument for not getting tattoos and piercings is "you'll regret it/look stupid when you're old" completely failed to realise that when this generation is eventually old, it will be totally normal for seniors to have tattoos and piercing scars? We're talking 50 years into the future here, the world will be a different and, hopefully, more tolerant place!

My God, there are some blinkered, small minded snobs on here!

Have people whose best argument for not getting tattoos and piercings is "you'll regret it/look stupid when you're old" completely failed to realise that when this generation is eventually old, it will be totally normal for seniors to have tattoos and piercing scars? We're talking 50 years into the future here, the world will be a different and, hopefully, more tolerant place!

There could be another reason? Like I said, I don't take much interest in what other people want to do to their bodies, so I don't care to label people who have tattoos or piercings, but I have heard quite a few older people (especially women) say that they regret the tattoos they had in their youth. I think it depends on what and where the tattoo is, but it seems to be something that hits a lot of people in later life. Maybe this is where the idea of 'you'll reget it when you're older' comes from?

I always wanted a tattoo when I was younger, but they have become so common now that I'd feel I was just following the crowd... maybe if they go out of fashion again soon. :D

There could be another reason? Like I said, I don't take much interest in what other people want to do to their bodies, so I don't care to label people who have tattoos or piercings, but I have heard quite a few older people (especially women) say that they regret the tattoos they had in their youth. I think it depends on what and where the tattoo is, but it seems to be something that hits a lot of people in later life. Maybe this is where the idea of 'you'll reget it when you're older' comes from?

I always wanted a tattoo when I was younger, but they have become so common now that I'd feel I was just following the crowd... maybe if they go out of fashion again soon. :D

There are more people without tattoo's than with, so technically you are following the crowd. ;)

I'd advise a tattoo on the bottom of your back. Then, wear jeans that are a little too big so that whenever you sit down everyone can see a red thong together with the tattoo.

Finally, book a holiday to Benidorm.

I'd advise a tattoo on the bottom of your back. Then, wear jeans that are a little too big so that whenever you sit down everyone can see a red thong together with the tattoo.

Finally, book a holiday to Benidorm.

Talking from personal experience?

There are more people without tattoo's than with, so technically you are following the crowd. ;)

Maybe, but trends don't tend to work like that. More people hate Lady GaGa than love here, but she is massive right now. :)

I'd still like to get a tattoo... but I need to work on the muscles to be able to pull it off. Nobody wants to see a tattoo on flab!

Both my grandads had tattoos, but then were both in the armed forces, I don't think either of them regretted having them done, they certainly never covered them up.

Personally I cant understand worrying about what will happen "when your old", you might drop dead in 10 years and never get to be old, so you might as well enjoy yourself now.

Maybe, but trends don't tend to work like that. More people hate Lady GaGa than love here, but she is massive right now. :)

I think it's "more people like her than don't care less", subtly different, I don't think people actively "hate" her.

Archived