Adding an 'S' to names of pubs, bars and such..

For your information, I am well educated and a qualified primary school teacher who knows, all too well, about modifying nouns to show possession. Go and preach to the 'txt spk' brigade, you pompous, arrogant troll. :thumbsup:

YOU may well be. Not all primary school teachers can be so confident. Whilst walking around an open day at one local primary school, when choosing a school for my son, I saw, in HUGE letters on the wall, the title of that week's project. It was called...

'The Skies the Limit'.

I pointed out the booboo. They were very sheepish.

YOU may well be. Not all primary school teachers can be so confident. Whilst walking around an open day at one local primary school, when choosing a school for my son, I saw, in HUGE letters on the wall, the title of that week's project. It was called...

'The Skies the Limit'.

I pointed out the booboo. They were very sheepish.

No, you're right, I totally agree. I've seen some totally inexcusable errors in schools I've taught at. I tend to hope it's mostly carelessness rather than ignorance, but it certainly makes you wonder!

Archived