The lack of university places for todays students!

They don't come over here for "cut price", they pay through the nose, which is why foreign students are so sought after. They provide the funds to the University that our Govt refuses to.

rubbish!! i think you will find that the percentage that actually "pay through the nose" is almost negligable and the rest come here as refugees, asylumn seekers paid for through grants etc etc etc

It's automatically taken from your salary when you start working, so unless you refuse to take a job then you have to pay it back.

Who said anything about being on the dole? Nobody can claim they dole whilst they are a student.

its only taken back from your salary if you earn over a certain amount, which i understand is over 30k??? so i am sure there are plenty that earn less than that and dont pay a penny back for years!!

mature students are usually from the dole queue as they cant hold down a job anyway so its just another way to get them off the jobless figures:loopy::loopy:

oh yes go on then how many actually pay it back:loopy::loopy::loopy: not many i would guess! oh and by the way if the older student (doley) wants to further themselves then why the bloody hell should the tax payer fund it??

they should be refused because they were probably to damn lazy to go for it when the oppertunity arose when they left school in the first place!

The opportunity didn't arise for everyone, thats the point. If you went to a terrible school, if you left school to care for a dependent relative or to financially support your family, if you moved around so much you never settled in a school enough to get good grades, if you were pressured into joining the family business, these are all readons why a bright pupil may not have gone to uni. Nothing to do with laziness. And it is not free. Yes it is funded in part by the taxpayer (as are many other things), but surely this is to the advantage of all? Are you not glad that your GP went to university?

its only taken back from your salary if you earn over a certain amount, which i understand is over 30k??? so i am sure there are plenty that earn less than that and dont pay a penny back for years!!

mature students are usually from the dole queue as they cant hold down a job anyway so its just another way to get them off the jobless figures:loopy::loopy:

It's £15,000, so the majority of students will start paying it back very soon after graduation.

It is £15k

rubbish!! i think you will find that the percentage that actually "pay through the nose" is almost negligable and the rest come here as refugees, asylumn seekers paid for through grants etc etc etc

Don't be so stupid. British Universities go overseas and tout for business, they have departments in Malaysia and Dubai, they would much rather have the full price fee paid by a foreign Government than have to subsidise a British student.

I'm not saying that is right, it isn't, but it is a result of a lack of Government funding to our Universities.

Now, if you've got a problem with asylum seekers and immigrants I'm sure a search will find you lots of EDL/BNP threads you can pollute.

Well that's enough from me tonight, I have to get up for WORK in the morning..

Don't be so stupid. British Universities go overseas and tout for business, they have departments in Malaysia and Dubai, they would much rather have the full price fee paid by a foreign Government than have to subsidise a British student.

I'm not saying that is right, it isn't, but it is a result of a lack of Government funding to our Universities.

Now, if you've got a problem with asylum seekers and immigrants I'm sure a search will find you lots of EDL/BNP threads you can pollute.

oh of course its the governments fault universities havent got enough funding i forgot sorry, nothing to do with oversubscribed places or stretching resources which has to be paid for by the tax payer.

as for a problem with asylumn seekers and immigrants no not really just anyone that bleeds our system........thanks but dont lump me with bnp trash!!

i wonder what percentage of foreign students actually pay the full whack??

It's £15,000, so the majority of students will start paying it back very soon after graduation.

assuming they can find a job as the last i heard it was "tres dificile" for them to find work?? recently;)

Archived