Aid for Pakistan, yes or no?

I so no don't send any aid and spend the money on our youth services instead of cutting the funding.

Why send money to other countries when our own is having to make cuts all over?

Personnel choice?

Do you have any evidence for this claim?

I thought it might be you or someone similar that would ask for evidence,of course I dont ,not hard physical evidence ,unlike you I have a lot of dealings with our Asian friends and have a insight into what goes off but failing that if its proof you want ,check teletext for a flight out to Pakistan from Manchester go to the airport and keep your eyes open and have a word with the customs men you will see there stopping people and checking them on the way out of the country.Look, listen and ask, in time you may shed your naivety

I thought it might be you or someone similar that would ask for evidence,of course I dont ,not hard physical evidence ,unlike you I have a lot of dealings with our Asian friends and have a insight into what goes off but failing that if its proof you want ,check teletext for a flight out to Pakistan from Manchester go to the airport and keep your eyes open and have a word with the customs men you will see there stopping people and checking them on the way out of the country.Look, listen and ask, in time you may shed your naivety

But why would they, when they can simply transfer the money for free from a linked bank in the Uk? The exchange rate costs will be about the same. The only tax implications are on inheritance tax and then only if they die within 7 years of the transfer and they are transferring more than £3,000 per year. Taking bag loads of money through customs is stupid and pointless.

But why would they, when they can simply transfer the money for free from a linked bank in the Uk? The exchange rate costs will be about the same. The only tax implications are on inheritance tax and then only if they die within 7 years of the transfer and they are transferring more than £3,000 per year. Taking bag loads of money through customs is stupid and pointless.

Are you real,that means they would have to declare all their earnings,you know very little about life it seems

If i was rich then yes i would, so many famous people with thousands and millions in the bank!! They are the people who should feel they have to give, not general joe bloggs (unless joe bloggs wants to). For me its a no.

That's really fine..just a pity you felt the need to inform us that to give you have to be rich...you don't.

Why are you lot so dumb, Look at the children in need program etc etc, all the overpaid tv presenter earn thousands and dont donate, they try and brain wash the dumb viewing muppets to dig deep in they nearly empty pocket for money they cant afford, Not wonder we have so many people on the bread line in this country, the average working class is so thick and beyond help

Why do you feel the need to blame others for your capacity to give or not? Are you saying all that give give on the basis that their brainwashed by Terry Wogan? Using your logic no one would ever give for any cause because most causes financially benefit through media of some sort.

Why do you feel the need to blame others for your capacity to give or not? Are you saying all that give give on the basis that their brainwashed by Terry Wogan? Using your logic no one would ever give for any cause because most causes financially benefit through media of some sort.

Your post has no reflection on my quoted post. My point is that those who

'can' afford to give 'should' feel like they want to and those who 'can't' afford to give 'shouldnt'

Dont quote me when you dont understand the point of my post.

Edited to add: i notice you have since edited ypur post!!

It depends what you class as 'rich' my point and the original question is all relative!!

Archived