Aid for Pakistan, yes or no?

Read the rest of the post and not the last sentence.

The last sentence was a deliberately facetious example of how trustworthy (or not) the Pakistani government are regarding financial aid.

As been previously suggested, donating your money to an independent agency (like the Red Cross) is more likely to get your money spent wisely although that cannot be guaranteed as it is ultimately up to the Pakistani government (not the Red Cross) to coordinate the 'aid' accordingly....

And the Pakistani Gvt like buying bombs.

So when India gets Nuked, remember where you left your wallet.

:huh:I did..and I didn't just respond to your last sentence.

Again your last sentence to this one also makes no sense. Why do you persist in using feebly weak analogies?

Of course we should provide aid, both through our own government and as individuals. Hand wringing and whining over the politics of it while people die is no way for civilised people to behave.

Why is there this obsession with keeping as many people alive as possible? The world is horrendously overpopulated, until people stop breeding natural disasters are the best way of keeping the global population down.

Without argueing or making childish slurs to one another, lets look at why some people choose not to send money over to Pakistan to help those people in need at the moment.

2 sides of the story that i heard on radio 2 this afternoon.

Caller 1: Thinks we should send aid and support pakistan. We should put aside any issues and help our muslim brothers.

Caller 2: Why doesn't their goverment help them? they have the money, do we even know the money we send will go to helping these people?

The uk is set to double it's aid to £60m

Story here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11032312

How many policemen and nurses could that £60m pay for in our country?

Why is there this obsession with keeping as many people alive as possible? The world is horrendously overpopulated, until people stop breeding natural disasters are the best way of keeping the global population down.

Then go jump off a cliff and help.:loopy:

I wonder if you would be as philosophical if one of your own family was involved in such a natural disaster.

I agree the world is overpopulated, and is an issue which needs to be tackled, but the way to do it is, is to take measures which encourage people to have fewer off-spring in the first place!

I wonder if you would be as philosophical if one of your own family was involved in such a natural disaster.

I agree the world is overpopulated, and is an issue which needs to be tackled,

untill you've got politicians with the guts to take on the stupid christians,muslims and jews it's not going to change mate

The problem I have with the whole situation is the Uk government (& make no doubt the are all the same)

Forgemasters couldn't get their £80m loan as there was no money....but Pakistan can get £60m aid. Now don't get me wrong it's a terrible thing that has happened in Pakistan.....but there either IS or there ISN'T any money!

Which is it to be? One way or another we are being lied to aren't we?

Archived