Fast car low insurance

If you have just passes you test etc....I would advise not to buy a car with any modifications on it, such as tinted windows, alloys that arn't original etc.... Ins' companies charge upto a fortune for a modded car for a youngster, and don't even think about not delcaring them, if you crash or get banged into you can wave bye bye to your claim!

Personally if I was a first time driver i'd buy somethng like a 1.4 fiesta, forget about the speed and whatnot, speeding will cause you to get points then your ins' price will go up.

Best way to keep costs down is to buy a small but zippy engined car with no mods and something that if you bang it or need to renew a part you can get cheaply from a scrap yard.

i passed last year and i bought a 1999 kia pride 1.3, it was crap to look at but was really nippy and quick for what it was and moved like a whippet, it cost me £395 and then £1200 :o:o to insurance it third party fire and theft with no extras added on and that was with me being 28 and having done my pass pluss!!

ive just bought a fiat punto 1.2 and even though its a smaller engine i feel it moves quickly and my insurance for the next 12 months with loads of extras on is gonna be £800!

im afraid without more details such as your age, how long youve had your full licence, your driving history such as any points etc etc and what your budget is theres not an awful lot anyoen can advise you on im afraid.

try this site to see what cars are in what insurance groups it may help you

http://www.gocompare.com/car-insurance/manufacturers.aspx

The one BIG message to the OP is this: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT SPEED!

Please don't go off and buy a powerful, fast, sexy car and then wrap it around a tree or kill a family.

Why not get something different and individual. Something that tells people you're not just a chavvy speed junky.

I'm not saying that's necessarily what the OP is, but just warning in case.

It is though.

thanks for all the posts and sorry i didnt put more info i didnt expect this many replys tbh im 20 will have 2 yr no claims soon. acceleration is what i was thinking about nothing comparing to f1 fast lol just better than me punto 1.2 0-60 in about 3 year. im no speed junky planning to go on a mass murder spre with my hummer just cant stand having me foot buried to the floor to get up the smallest hill not a good thing in this city is it really.

Go for a VW Golf R series. Cheap car but fast...;)

You must have a different definition of cheap to most people!

OP, check out Parkers or similar website to find out insurance groupings/power figures etc for different cars.

You might find an old car easier to get speed out of without costing the earth.

• 4 weeks later...

My first car at 17 many years ago was an XR3 and I paid for it big time with the insurance but it was worth it as all my mates had fiestas and novas so I stood out and got all the best girls to ride with me lol

I've just recently bought a classic golf gti and for a small body with a 2 litre engine they are scary quick even before modifications

Archived