Social science degree wastes of time and what people have done with it.

Most vocational degrees require post graduate study/training before qualification in the specific occupation.

Some do, I wouldn't have said "most" though.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 12:58 ----------

Has anyone got a BA (Hons) in psychology and sociology and thought it was a waste of time. I find that those who go to uni to study a vocational course study have applied skills. I find that social sciences require further studying at postgrad level in order to get a decent paying job. I am finding that jobs like admin and HR could have been done without going to uni. Career orientated degrees I.e. skill specific careers lead to specific careers. Social science degrees such as mine give you an introductory understanding of a subject while building career skills such as research, writing, critical thinking, and interpretation and analysis of information. I find that you can learn all those skills from the vocational degrees. The advantage is that vocational degrees give you the skills needed to perform a service and make contribute to an industry. What jobs have people got from psychology and sociology degrees without further studying?

Did you not consider what career you might follow before choosing your degree?

Exactly what I was thinking !

I think she needs some help. :roll:

I reckon it's a different friend - the other one was doing exactly the same course as her, "pinched it off her" she did!

Or there's something bordering on personality disorder going on.......:)

I reckon it's a different friend - the other one was doing exactly the same course as her, "pinched it off her" she did!

Or there's something bordering on personality disorder going on.......:)

Yes, I realized it was a different friend she was talking about. She just seems obsessed with their 'opinions' be it friends from past or present. I'm surprised she's got any friends.... or maybe she just makes them up ? :loopy:

The thread running though all the threads though is an unhealthy obsession with friends. I wonder whether all the friends are real.

I was wondering the same...

But now we're the ones who are obsessed with someone else's imagionary friends! It can't be healthy....

You really need to choose your friends more carefully Cutie

Your friend sounds like the sort of person who really isn't worth spending time listening to. Maybe she needs showing exactly how much other people (on minimum wage) contribute to society

Archived