Have your say on the spending challenge

This is just part of the 'we're all in it together' propaganda.

Simply an exercise to keep the proles busy and make them think that their opinion actually matters.

Meanwhile Call me Dave will continue to do exactly what he wants whilst protecting his rich banker buddies from the main effects of the fallout.

Politicians = Spin, smoke and mirrors, doubletalk, cronyism and downright lies.

They are the reason this country is in the mess it's in. They are the cause, not the solution.

I couldn't agree more. Doubtless they'll be some small tinkering round the edges, keeping free milk free milk for example, while they're closing hospitals and sacking police officers. Those in the city have got away with murder, and Labour let alone the Tories won't do anything about it.

I await the next bust.

So. the government is admitting that they have no idea how to run the country. Nothing new there then since everyone already knows. It makes you wonder what we pay politicians for doesn't it?

BTW, did you know that the simplest and most effective way of oversoming resistence to change is to include people in the decision-making process? And who will be to blame when it all goes wrong? If you make a wrong decision you must be held fully accountable.

• to "wait until at least three fires have broken out in the same area before sending firemen out"?
  • "divert all welfare funding to nuclear weapons"? or
  • "FORCE MAN U ‘FANS’ TO LIVE IN MANCHESTER"?

Maybe something more to the point like "Tax the rich more" would be a preferred option?

Or do you think this has been delivered so incompetently that whatever well meaning intent there was at the outset has become a total waste by the way it has been delivered?

More here:

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2010/08/20/spending-challenge-is-back-time-to-hijack-it/

More of a spin on that...... "Tax the bankers" (who are rich) until the pips squeak they caused it all!

Maybe the Tories could start by stop appointing well known tax avoiders to positions of power.

Who do you mean...

1. all those that run illegal people trafficing that leads to prositution that is not taxed...

2. all those that grow / import / deal drugs that pay no tax whatsoever on their income?

3. all those that burgle / steal goods & then sell them on the black market & pay no tax

4. all those that churn kids out 10 at a time & claim every benefit under the sun & have no intention of working & pay no tax.

Any of that bunch crossed your mind?

Who do you mean...

1. all those that run illegal people trafficing that leads to prositution that is not taxed...

2. all those that grow / import / deal drugs that pay no tax whatsoever on their income?

3. all those that burgle / steal goods & then sell them on the black market & pay no tax

4. all those that churn kids out 10 at a time & claim every benefit under the sun & have no intention of working & pay no tax.

Any of that bunch crossed your mind?

No, I meant the well known tax avoiders that the Tories seem to be so in love with.

To my knowledge none of the people who've ranted about have been offered senior positions within the Conservative Party.

No, I meant the well known tax avoiders that the Tories seem to be so in love with.

To my knowledge none of the people who've ranted about have been offered senior positions within the Conservative Party.

Oh it's a class thing / hate tories & you just hate rich or successful people....not tax avoiders in general. Sorry I thought you were talking about equality. My mistake.

This was in the Guardian yesterday and they had some pretty funny ones including something along the lines of;

Reduce the tax on booze because then the entire country will be drunk most of the time and no one will notice or care how awfully the government is doing.

Most politicians have been working on that footing for years....the diversionary tactics. At the moment it's the benefits classes v the working classes whilst the rest above skim the trough.

Haven't you noticed all the paper talk hammering people on benefits......& the scrotes poor peotrol on the fire by robbing from the working classes instead of the nobs. Allows them to quarrel with each other whilst they skim off above.

I await the next bust.

Looks like you wont be waiting too long.

Consumer and business confidence has collapsed since the election, consumer spending has slowed, fear of unemployment is rising fast and house prices have started falling again.

Despite the fact that growth for the second quarter of 2010 was 1.1% that is as good as it is going to get and it will be downhill from here.

Archived