Need advice on painting a room..

That puts a different complexion on it. The good thing about a wooden dado rail is that it can be painted a neutral colour so that the top and bottom colours of the walls are separated. However, I do like chimay and BarStuck's solution of an overall neutral colour - and if your children are fixed on blue and pink, maybe they could be asked to put a frieze of their handprints, in their chosen colours, round the room adjacent to the dado rail so that they feel they've each had a "hand" in the redecoration.

thats a good idea. I would paint the walls in a neutral colour, and then, as you have suggested, put prints of the childrens hands round the border. the girl could have pink handprints, and the boy, blue. i would have them alternating round the border, with the pink ones right-handed and the blue ones left-handed, or vice-versa, if you see what i mean.:hihi:

thats a good idea. I would paint the walls in a neutral colour, and then, as you have suggested, put prints of the childrens hands round the border. the girl could have pink handprints, and the boy, blue. i would have them alternating round the border, with the pink ones right-handed and the blue ones left-handed, or vice-versa, if you see what i mean.:hihi:

The kids could have so much fun with hand prints. They could cut shapes out of potato halves and use them to stamp on to the walls as well couldn't they?

If you chose a bluey pink, pink & blue would go!

Slightly different but my friend painted one wall pastel pink, 2 walls pastel blue & one wall pastel yellow, with a white ceiling. Sounds horrendous but it sort of worked (not to my taste but it was okay). Just go for it! You'll eventually get used to it!

I must admit, I like the hand print & blackboard paint ideas! If you still like the idea of pink & blue walls, you could have pink hands on the blue walls & vice versa...

Archived