Government urged to reveal 'true' national debt of £4.8 trillion

I am well aware that the traumatic injuries leading to death are caused by the enormous deceleration on impact with the ground. ;)

It ain't just the deceleration... it is the energy transfer due to change in momentum that gets you.

It's all in the timing really:thumbsup:

It ain't just the deceleration... it is the energy transfer due to change in momentum that gets you.

It's all in the timing really:thumbsup:

delta (MV)/delta t = M (delta V/delta t) + V (delta M/delta t)

delta (MV)/delta t is by definition the change in momentum

delta V/delta t is the acceleration (deceleration in this case)

Mass is effectively constant therefore delta M/delta t =0

we are left with

delta(MV)/delta t (change in momentum) = M (delta V/delta t) (mass x deceleration in this case) ;)

They 'learned' me a figuring and a ciphering before packing me off to UCL who 'learned' me 'Theoretical Physics' ;)

No I am not going to explain General Relativity or the Copenhagen Interpretation or Schroedinger's cat.

Precisely. Ten years of grinding depression in order to get even close to restoring the balance.

And it was implementing economic policies similar to what we have now (slashing public investment in the economy) to cause that depression.

Something for us to look forward to.

delta (MV)/delta t = M (delta V/delta t) + V (delta M/delta t)

delta (MV)/delta t is by definition the change in momentum

delta V/delta t is the acceleration (deceleration in this case)

Mass is effectively constant therefore delta M/delta t =0

we are left with

delta(MV)/delta t (change in momentum) = M (delta V/delta t) (mass x deceleration in this case) ;)

They 'learned' me a figuring and a ciphering before packing me off to UCL who 'learned' me 'Theoretical Physics' ;)

But they clearly didn't learn you the fact that it is the energy transfer, not the decelleration that kills you. :)

Is UCL a former Polytechnic, or something?

But they clearly didn't learn you the fact that it is the energy transfer, not the decelleration that kills you. :)

UCL a former Poly !!! Outrageous Sir Pistols at dawn !

UCL is a member of the Russell Group I'll have you know.

Technically it's the massive deformation of your structure brought about by the sudden deceleration of some bits before others, which is caused by a transfer of energy between you and the ground.

Archived