The bliss of ignorance

Why is that?.. is it because you choose to believe it. Is it because you've been conditioned(educated)to believe it? Or is it because you know it's the truth?

and that's were corroborating evidence to back up the claim comes in really handy ;)

On the basis of a massive body of reliable and reputable evidence, I do.
Ok that's fine, but just to clarify, you also believe that anyone that doesn't accept this evidence; who chooses to believe the battle took place in 1076 would be wrong for believing that?

Ok that's fine, but just to clarify, you also believe that anyone that doesn't accept this evidence; who chooses to believe the battle took place in 1076 would be wrong for believing that?

Yes, indeed. They'd be wrong.

Yes, indeed. They'd be wrong.
In which case, I stand corrected. You must actually be choosing to believe that you 'know' the battle of Hastings took place in 1066.. as opposed to choosing to believe historical accounts which I suggested earlier.

In which case, I stand corrected. You must actually be choosing to believe that you 'know' the battle of Hastings took place in 1066.. as opposed to choosing to believe historical accounts which I suggested earlier.

I choose to believe it on the basis of the overwhelming evidence that that's when it happened. Someone who chooses to ignore that evidence and say it happened ten years later is wrong.

Here is one source of many that gives 1066 as the date.

http://www.questia.com/read/1255114?title=Chapter%20XI%3a%20WILLIAM%20I.%20A%20CONQUERING%20KING

:D

Do you have any sources\references to believe it was 1076? or reason to believe that the conventional date 1066 is wrong?

Archived