Caring for a plant!

I do not have access to the allotment forum, and since I only have one question there does not seem much point so …

I have very recently been given an orchid. It came from Marks and Spencer, its price was £5.75. It has white flowers and I thought it was plastic until one of the buds opened!

Alas, while it was wrapped in Marks and Sparks plastic see through stuff, there were no ‘feeding’ or watering instructions. I have tried to phone M & S. I cannot get to their store (confined to wheelchair, long story) so does anyone have any idea how much water I should give it and what else can I do to protect its life. More to the point, what is its lifespan?

THE plastic pot thast it stands in is about the size of a normal plant pot.

Would you P.M. me please. I don’t want to miss any replies.

Hmmm...I have learned to never trust plants. Plants have no loyalty. I once bought a venus fly trap. I nurtured it for months and researched how to look after it. It looked like it was on its last legs on several occasions but I persevered with it.

Then one day it looked really healthy so I went to touch it. It SNAPPED and bit a piece out of my thumb!:loopy::loopy::loopy:

It was a loopy fly trap!:roll:

Throw it at next doors cat and get yourself a nice spider plant!, i have had my spider plant now for about fifteen years or so and the reason i love it so much is that it can't die by me being useless at looking after plants.

I have forgotten to water it for months, left it in boxes, it fell off the car when i moved a few years ago. and all that has happened is that it has occasionally created a baby spider plant of it's own so i have three of them in all.

They are truly wonderous!!!

Hmmm...I have learned to never trust plants. Plants have no loyalty. I once bought a venus fly trap. I nurtured it for months and researched how to look after it. It looked like it was on its last legs on several occasions but I persevered with it.

Then one day it looked really healthy so I went to touch it. It SNAPPED and bit a piece out of my thumb!:loopy::loopy::loopy:

It was a loopy fly trap!:roll:

Polly will have to be careful where he lands!:hihi:

Throw it at next doors cat and get yourself a nice spider plant!, i have had my spider plant now for about fifteen years or so and the reason i love it so much is that it can't die by me being useless at looking after plants.

I have forgotten to water it for months, left it in boxes, it fell off the car when i moved a few years ago. and all that has happened is that it has occasionally created a baby spider plant of it's own so i have three of them in all.

They are truly wonderous!!!

Yes, the good old spider plant, Ive had many of them.

Archived