My partner's ex doesn't pay child maintenance

Thanks guys for the help with this on going problem,i will (WHEN the CSA decide to act) update you all.

Well good luck :). But as mentioned earlier [perhaps not so eloquently] about the actual amount of money you are likely to receive, I'm not sure it's worth the mental stress that you are putting yourself through if it's going to be a fiver a week.

Yes, there is a principle, but how much of your energy is it worth?

Well good luck :). But as mentioned earlier [perhaps not so eloquently] about the actual amount of money you are likely to receive, I'm not sure it's worth the mental stress that you are putting yourself through if it's going to be a fiver a week.

Yes, there is a principle, but how much of your energy is it worth?

No matter how little the amount of money, I think its disgusting that someone would refuse to contribute to the upbringing of their child. Raising a child is an expensive business, surely ultimately it is your child that will suffer if you don't get your hand in your pocket! Five pounds a week is a new pair of shoes, or a new school uniform once a month.

The main difference it made to me was that I vowed I would never re-marry, or co-habit, which means I have had a rather lonely life. :(

To whom did you make this vow? Will they be cross if you renege on this vow? (If you know what I mean).

My mother has never payed for me ,and I have only seen her couple times in my twenty years of life.

You are not on your own. My mother never received a single penny from my father since the day I was born. She raised me with the help of her parents (my amazing grandparents). I met my dad when I was twenty, then about 4 times after that. No comment. He is dead now. I have never received so much as a birthday card from him my entire life.

To be fair all i can say is it all comes out in the wash!

When he's older my step son will know how hard we worked and struggled to make sure he was always put first.We(myself and my hubby) have always paid for him and now are supporting him soley.

I can walk head held high

To be fair all i can say is it all comes out in the wash!

When he's older my step son will know how hard we worked and struggled to make sure he was always put first.We(myself and my hubby) have always paid for him and now are supporting him soley.

I can walk head held high

It is true that you only really appreciate what your parents did for you, when you become parents yourself. He will indeed know how hard you worked, and that he was worth every penny

Archived