Daughters posh friend is coming to stay.

I would be very tempted to don the costume and social etiquette of Hyacinth Bucket and go for it. :D

You got the character correct but the age wrong. She is only, I think, 24. I have not seen her for 3 years or so, maybe she has changed!

Hey,, put your foot down and tell them it is no longer convenient :|

I was told about it today. Her parents have already dropped her off here while I was out. Her bags are here and she has gone out with my daughter to see friends. :roll:

Posh? what are you worried about? your user name is only one letter away from you being related to Harrods owner Mohamed al-Fayed!!!:)

It is only two letters away from horrid, which describes my daughters posh friend exactly!:gag:

it's your house, ok your daughter has invited a friend to stay in it but it's still your house

so, you do exactly what you would do if this person wasn't there, make no effort that you wouldn't make for any other visitor, if that isn't good enough for them that's tough they have the option of going elsewhere

if they pass comment on your home or your practices within it then remind them that they are a guest and if they don't like staying at your place then they can always stay somewhere else but while they stay at your place they can keep their opinions to themselves

does that help ?

--EDIT--

when I visit someone else's home I obey their rules, when someone visits mine they obey my rules

Archived