A car that is sorn but not driven by owner

if for some reason the car gets made insecure;);) and the police are informed then they usually have the vehicle recovered for safe storage incurring charges to the owner

also inform dvla that theres an untaxed vehicle parked on a public highway and see what they have to say

but i personally would just park across the parking bay its parked in just to **** the women off ,well as long as it doesnt cause an obstruction

If it's SORN and on private land then the one who needs to take action is the landlord, who can give the woman due notice that he did not give permission for this vehicle to be stored on his land and give her a date by when it must be removed or he will have it removed for her.

i live in a block of 4 flats. we all have our allocated car parking.which is 1 car for every flat.

one of the residents who thinks she owns the property by dictating who and where we park our cars.the problem is that she has taken 2 parking places,with 1 car that has never been driven,and is sorned ,for the last year,now she has bought another car which has not been driven yet,but is taxed.the reason she has done this ,is because she does not want other people parking near her flat.the landlord has sent her two letters asking her to remove the untaxed car,which is not allowed on the property,but she refuses to listen,and the other problem is,i cannot turn my car around ,i have to reverse out onto a lane to get out,can anyone give me any other advice.thank you.

from Directgov website:

When SORN has been declared for a vehicle the registered keeper must ensure that it will not be used or kept on a public road until a new licence has been taken out. The declaration will be valid for 12 months unless the vehicle is re-licensed, sold, permanently exported or scrapped.

This maybe of use

Archived