Charles Kennedy - 'not defecting to Labour'

You asked for links further up the thread so please return the favour in kind with sources and links please. Can you provide evidence that Dr Kelly lied, and was therefor discredited?

I provided a quote, sorry I didn’t include the link:-

Shame made David Kelly kill himself

The UN weapons inspector's friend says the scientist took his own life because, named by a reporter, he was to be exposed as a liar

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/tom-mangold-shame-made-david-kelly-kill-himself-2058868.html.

With Clegg so unpopular in his own party, could this defection thing be turned on it's head and the Lib Dems kick Clegg out instead?

Says who? I haven't heard anything to say that Clegg is "so unpopular in his own party". What's your source and your measure?

The UN weapons inspector's friend says the scientist took his own life because, named by a reporter, he was to be exposed as a liar

David Kelly killed himself after a senior reporter betrayed him as the source for a story.

The betrayal broke the most sacred law of journalism, but Kelly's denial of involvement – a foolish lie – led directly to his death.

Lol, the only thing he lied about was being the source of the story, probably because he wanted to keep his job. That doesn't make anything he said that was the source of the story false, and it has since been pretty much accepted that the dossier was exactly what he alleged, it was sexed up.

Archived