A reasonable point of view equals threadkill

I'm of the opinion that rather than a reasonable POV getting a few complimentary responses or ones at least where like minded souls give their support, it's easier to spout a load of reactionary pony and get a response.

Why not sound off if a perfectly honourable and sane poster puts across a decent and well thought out point rather than fuelling the crap which keeps the same old threads going?

I'm of the opinion that rather than a reasonable POV getting a few complimentary responses or ones at least where like minded souls give their support, it's easier to spout a load of reactionary pony and get a response.

Why not sound off if a perfectly honourable and sane poster puts across a decent and well thought out point rather than fuelling the crap which keeps the same old threads going?

Just what is your secret in doing this?:suspect:

What a load of tosh. Is there nothing on telly tonight?

Do you mean we should ignore the more extreme views?

Not in the slightest. If it's not offensive within the rules of the forum but unpalatable to the users then yeah, challenge away.

My point is probably this, The more outlandish and ill thought out the post, the greater reaction it gets. Conversely, the more balanced an opinion the better it fades into the background.

That's the whole point of the forum though is for people to share opinions, alright some opinions are ridiculous and throw the thread into disarray but that's what you get with a public forum it's bound to be daft sometimes.

Not in the slightest. If it's not offensive within the rules of the forum but unpalatable to the users then yeah, challenge away.

My point is probably this, The more outlandish and ill thought out the post, the greater reaction it gets. Conversely, the more balanced an opinion the better it fades into the background.

It is a shame, because there is a tendency to end up spending much more time arguing with people that are either idiots or aren't interested in debating so much as just responding with outlandish and offensive assertions.

Which is a shame because it makes proper debates between people with differing views more difficult.

Archived