Thou shalt not kill..but what about wasps?

Bovril is made from furiously boiling bits of your ox.

When the Lord smites thine ox... no more Bovril for you.

See, this is a smitten ox. It's not just dead and ready for Bovrilisation. Nope, no way. Smitten. That's incredibly bad. You and anyone else that drinks it will get the Lord's lurgy.

Ah well. Nobody lasts forever.:)

Harrod you need to calm down a bit. Do you have nothing better to do than post ireverlently on here? Ask your priest when you attend church tomorrow. Don't be scared.

That particular commandment referred to killing other Jews. It is perfectly alright to kill your children, non-believers, women (these can be spared and turned into slaves), women who are not virgins on their wedding night, fornicators and false prophets. Indeed god himself caused two bears to kill 40 children for dissing a bald man. I don't think wasps come into the equation at all.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

You'll get into trouble for misleading people into believing Judaism is the same as Christianity. :)

I killed a wasp last week, it flew in through the bathroom window then hovered very low so I put my foot on it and got some tissue and flushed it down the loo, it was instinctive and I felt I was protecting myself, so there

I kill wasps all the time if I can catch the little buggers!!! They are a waste of flying space. They don't do anything useful like make honey or pollenate other plants/flowers/trees etc. They're just there to sting you and sometimes even kill you if you're allergic.

I don't kill any other insects (except fleas, because they also have no use) but take great satisfaction in 'getting' wasps!!!

I killed a wasp last week, it flew in through the bathroom window then hovered very low so I put my foot on it and got some tissue and flushed it down the loo, it was instinctive and I felt I was protecting myself, so there

And it wasn't murder because it wasn't pre-meditated. :)

:D

Even if I did the same thing next time I would feel the same panic or fear, and if there is a genuine feeling like that I'm sure I would be forgiven Graham

Of course you would be forgiven for defending yourself, and anyway I would forgive you for anything. :love:

Archived