Do you eat Bombay mix from the communal bowl in Indian restaurants?

I certainly don't. I'm always mindful of the research from years ago that demonstrated that (I'm making this up but it's accurate enough) a bowl of peanuts on a bar had traces of urine from 18 different people.

The detail doesn't matter to me, it's the principle that puts me off!

I do because it's the most delicious part of the meal! but it can't be very healthy eating from a bowl where so many others have also scooped from!

Hmmm....not everyone has the same standards of hygeine. Did you ever notice a girl visit the toilet and not wash her hands afterwards?...I shall not say more!:gag:

Hmmm....not everyone has the same standards of hygeine. Did you ever notice a girl visit the toilet and not wash her hands afterwards?...I shall not say more!:gag:

Trouble is Phil I've usually had a few jars beforehand and the old resistance is a bit weakened!

I certainly don't. I'm always mindful of the research from years ago that demonstrated that (I'm making this up but it's accurate enough) a bowl of peanuts on a bar had traces of urine from 18 different people.

18 people needed free solid sustenance in a pub, from one bowl ... this goes to show how hard times were in the good ole days :hihi:

Incidentally, why when this concept of 'traces of human deposits in bar nuts', is urine only ever mentioned?. Is that all they tested for?

I'd perhaps be more concerned for other human deposits. :hihi::gag:

That is why they ate with one hand and used the other hand when they went to the toilet. (I have forgotten which hand they used for what)

And if you used the wrong hand, I think it is the left, you may have upset a few people.

Archived