Photographers Query

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried contacting colleges/universities in order to have a student take their wedding photos. I'm imagining anyone wishing for a career in photography will be glad to gain the experience, and photos for their portfolio, and that the couple may get a bargain.

Has anyone ever gone down this route? Are there any barriers if thinking of using this option?

Regards

Rossaldinho

Hi Rossaldinho,

I did my first ever wedding as a photography student.. a bride contacted the photo department and it went from there. If you have a low budget or are not expecting too much from your photographs and you have others there taking shots .. I'd say go for it.

The down side is .. nerves, lack of experience when it comes to equipement failure or lighting changes etc .. working under pressure .. and no insurance.

If I was you I would look for someone who has half a dozen or so under there belt and is still building up their portfolio. :)

Archived