Which combi boiler is the best to fit

ive got a few quotes already and 1 guy has quoted me for 2 boilers a baxi main eco 30 and for £265 ontop of the quote a worcester bosch 30 si , which of there are the best and what are parts like to get , ive got a 3 bed semi and for a new combi fitted in my airing cuboard , new wireless thermostat , a magnetic filter , a flush and fernox added on final top up , to fit my own themostatic rad valves ive already got and to put me another rad in my lounge a double 1400mm x 600mm , and to sort the pipes out and re pipe 22m gas in also to brick up and tidy/take away the old boiler/tanks ect

with the worcester boiler the quote is £2275 or £265 less with the baxi , i dont know what to go with , is this a fair price??thats from simon fletcher heating has anyone had any dealings with him??

anyone else??? back on topic:help:

Are there any combi-boilers that are a bit quieter, they seem to make a lot more noise than the old pump used to?

When you say combi I think you mean condensing combi. (One of your other posts says it only been in six months).I think most condensing boilers are a little more noisy than just a combi only....but the law says you must fit condensing boilers now.

I think it's the principle of how they work (that makes them a little more noisy) that is by recovering heat that would normally go up the flue....but when that heat has been used, the remainder condensation or water vapour, i think but am not sure, has to be pumped to a drain. It may be this extra pump that makes a liitle more noise?

I'm no expert so perhaps any heating exgineers noseying on this thread could confirm the above?

When you say combi I think you mean condensing combi. (One of your other posts says it only been in six months).I think most condensing boilers are a little more noisy than just a combi only....but the law says you must fit condensing boilers now.

I think it's the principle of how they work (that makes them a little more noisy) that is by recovering heat that would normally go up the flue....but when that heat has been used, the remainder condensation or water vapour, i think but am not sure, has to be pumped to a drain. It may be this extra pump that makes a liitle more noise?

I'm no expert so perhaps any heating exgineers noseying on this thread could confirm the above?

Thanks Bedders. You were right it is a condensing boiler. It is probably fine and it's just me. I was thinking about putting some lagging round it, it is in the loft, but I don't know how this would affect ventilation? Best leave it I suppose.

Thanks for your help. :)

Thanks Bedders. You were right it is a condensing boiler. It is probably fine and it's just me. I was thinking about putting some lagging round it, it is in the loft, but I don't know how this would affect ventilation? Best leave it I suppose.

Thanks for your help. :)

Not sure about the lagging you'd best ask a heating engineer about that one.

Archived