Worried about a Very Depressed Friend

thats another thing all his friends have left home, had children & generally moved on with thier lives. he hasnt he still lives at home does the same things as he did 20 years ago.

It's not the problem of his friends leaving home, having kids etc

It sounds like this guy has not grown up, and is very VERY dependent on people...be that his parents, or girlfriend. If he want's to grow up, he needs to progress the 20 years he left behind...mentally, emotionally etc

Thing is that even the childless people will one day end up where we are. As we all truly believe it will last for ever and as they say nothing good ever does.

We live and learn.

Nothing really lasts forever. It does not have to be a bad thing. Things come and go. Everything changes. THAT is life. x

You are right Edna, I am the same. Throw myself in to new things. I have done all sorts over the past couple of years since my BIG break up.

I kind of don't think we are quite on the same wavelength though Babooska. What I am saying is, the guy does need time to grieve otherwise it comes back and bites you on the bum, I didn't give myself time and then suddenly it did.

And still does from time to time but I think that's due other aspects of my life since, not just due to my break up. But I do agree then he needs to pick himself up and make some changes otherwise you keep getting what you are used to.

I wish I could be as positive as you. I wouldn't have my ex back in a million years but I'd expected to have sorted my life out to what i wanted by now and I quite honestly haven't. It's a novel rather than a short story. :rolleyes:

I do think I am the exception to the rule though and most people I know who have been though something similar have which still gives me hope. :)

Archived