Why should police be able to take my bike after only owning for two hours

i purchased a 120cc pit bike for my pleasure and after only having it for 2 hours the chopper swooped over the top of me and followed me all the way home, then the community support come and took my bike away the set of <removed>.

but its only me that forks out to get my bike back from the impound and it costs around £2000 to get the chopper up in the air what a <removed> waste of tax payers money

i purchased a 120cc pit bike for my pleasure and after only having it for 2 hours the chopper swooped over the top of me and followed me all the way home, then the community support come and took my bike away the set of <removed>.

but its only me that forks out to get my bike back from the impound and it costs around £2000 to get the chopper up in the air what a <removed> waste of tax payers money

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here as you started the thread and would hardly want to look stupid would you?

I presume your bike is taxed and registered and you have passed your driving test, so as to enable you to get insurance. Let's face it, some chavs don't bother with these sort of details, thus giving pit bikers a bad reputation.

I can't see your problem .... you have all the paperwork to legally ride your bike. A good solicitor will easily get your bike back for you before it goes to the crushers. :hihi:

If you were riding illegally and you got caught you have nothing to complain about and are just a whining little ****.

But if you were all legal and you were riding off the legal track they should have issued you with a warning and the second time you were caught they would be able to take your bike and do what they like with it.

If you were riding on your own land then this should be easily sorted out by a solicitor.

In future if you choose to ride off road but don't want to ride on a motocross track simply ring round your local farmers and ask if you would be allowed to use their trails, for a small contribution they will often let you do so and provided you ride sensibly and stick to the paths they will allow you to return once in a while.

For the police to have seized the bike, as others have pointed out, above, it must have been either untaxed, or uninsured, maybe no MOT, stolen, even, or perhaps being driven without a valid license.

If the bike was seized for any of those reasons (or a combination of those reasons) then sorry, but tough.

If that was the reason for seizure, then all I can say is the more power to the police officers' elbows.

Good for them:- the less illegal bikes and cars we have on the roads, the safer everyone is going to be, and the decent drivers who pay their tax, MOT and insurance will be better off, too, as they aren't paying through the nose for chavvy little scroates who think they're better than the law.

If, on the other hand, the bike was legit, then take Alcoblog's advice, and see a brief about it.

Either way, I have no problems with the cops seizing a non-legit vehicle.

• 4 months later...

As the OP said, it's a pit bike.

He didn't say whether he was riding it in his own pit.

He didn't say whether he was riding it on the road or whether it was 'street legal' (and I doubt the police go after every 125 on the road to check on that.)

I don't even live in Sheffield (I live 1000 miles away) but even I know that the police go after people who ride bikes on Sheffield parkland. That's a well-known fact 3 countries away and if you can't be bothered to learn the law in your own country, why should you be allowed to have a bike?

Tell it to the beak.

If you want sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary. About mid-way between '****' Scunthorpe and 'syphilis'.

Archived