Why should police be able to take my bike after only owning for two hours

Quote:

Originally Posted by truman

I think the biggest problem is how do you transport your bike to the track?

i push mine as i havent got transport, now wheres the problem in that???

Remember that statement from one of your other threads?

So what happened? get bored of pushing?

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by truman

I think the biggest problem is how do you transport your bike to the track?

i push mine as i havent got transport, now wheres the problem in that???

Remember that statement from one of your other threads?

So what happened? get bored of pushing?

:)

I'd be interested to know where is this 'track'? I can only assume it is council owned woodland or park area? Where are these legal tracks in Sheffield/Chesterfield/Rotherham?

I was in Longley Park with my dog once and someone on an off road bike pretended to to ride it towards me. I wish I'd known at the time that it was illegal, I would have reported him. I thought he was just really stupid and annoying.

You can report them, but none of these bikes have registration plates, most are stolen and they are being ridden illegally! So the probability of catching these low lifes is minimal unless you manage to rag them off it or the helicopter locks on to them

As the OP said, it's a pit bike.

He didn't say whether he was riding it in his own pit.

He didn't say whether he was riding it on the road or whether it was 'street legal' (and I doubt the police go after every 125 on the road to check on that.)

I don't even live in Sheffield (I live 1000 miles away) but even I know that the police go after people who ride bikes on Sheffield parkland. That's a well-known fact 3 countries away and if you can't be bothered to learn the law in your own country, why should you be allowed to have a bike?

Tell it to the beak.

If you want sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary. About mid-way between '****' Scunthorpe and 'syphilis'.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I blame the namby pamby society. At one time all this fuss could have been avoided. The police could have simply knocked the idiot off his bike and set fire to it and let him off with a good kick in the nuts. Now we have to waste time listening to these morons whining on a forum.

I was in Longley Park with my dog once and someone on an off road bike pretended to to ride it towards me. I wish I'd known at the time that it was illegal, I would have reported him. I thought he was just really stupid and annoying.

the only legal way for an offroad bike to be used is if its on green lanes etc in the country, or on a proper private type offroad track, with permission.

to get there the bike has to be trailered , or if driven on the road needs tax, test and insurance, which most of the people in sheffield with pit bikes seem to forget. anyone with any sense would be riding legally and fully covered where they are allowed to do so, and would have no need to post a thread moaning about their bike being confiscated and the unfairness of it all.

Anyone in longley park on a pit bike needs knocking off it with a piece of wood as they pass if you can oblige :-)

i purchased a 120cc pit bike for my pleasure

Don't worry the rest of society will get immense pleasure from your purchase by knowing that it cost you money and is most probably on its way to the crusher. You never know when it is recycled as a fridge someone else might get pleasure from cooling their beer in it.

You see everyone is a winner.:cool::cool:

Archived