Why should police be able to take my bike after only owning for two hours

Yes I agree. They should charge you for the helicopter as well.

If someone has been found guilty of having committed a crime, I agree that they should pay back every last penny of the court time, and the time that the police spend putting the case together, whether that includes helicopter costs or not.

I think that if it really hits the perps where it hurts, it might make them stop and think before they take someone's property or go for a joy-ride/ drive unlicensed and uninsured.

If someone has been found guilty of having committed a crime, I agree that they should pay back every last penny of the court time, and the time that the police spend putting the case together, whether that includes helicopter costs or not.

I think that if it really hits the perps where it hurts, it might make them stop and think before they take someone's property or go for a joy-ride/ drive unlicensed and uninsured.

And the potential costs in retrieving the penalties.

I have to agree with other people on here.

If your using the bike illegaly,as in no tax,insurance,cbt or mot,then tough,you gambled by using it on the road,or in a field,and you got caught.TUFF.

Put another way,if you have kids and one was run over,or seriuosly injured by a car driver who didnt have a licence,you would call the police,right?

THey are there to uphold the law,and they do it under pressure,and for little money.They are the good guys.

Nice xmas spirit you have

Folk know the penalties for driving illegally, eg unlicensed, or without insurance etc., or somewhere they aren't meant to have a vehicle. They know the powers that the police have to seize such a vehicle.

If they get their vehicle seized, as per the police powers, I can only quote what tasty and Marathon man said:-

T-U-F-F

• 2 years later...

Archived